pamknock (or anyone else)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gjsara

Reaction score
hello anyone is free to answer this ...... pam ilooked at your picture of your avatar and her face is so flat i knowthat is a charactioristic of holland lops. lylas face is flat butnothing like that. is that something they are judged on ??? also when italk of=r make a noise she moves her ears slightly forward would thatdisquilfiy her in a competion?

Thank you

sara

There head, ears and crown of a Holland are ofhigh consideration in judging. The Holland head in my avatar(a grand champion doe "Zaid") represents my idea of the "perfect"Holland head. From the side view, the standard calls for aroundness at the top of the head with a slight flattening at the frontof the face, then rounding out again at the lower muzzle.

The ear should lie directly behind the eye. A "slipped" crowncan result in the ear being too far back or too far forward and spoilsthe appearance of the head. An ear that is too long or tooshort is also undesirable. My avatar shows the perfect shapedear (in my opinion). A flat, teaspoon ear of goodsubstance. A thin, folded or rolled ear is undesirable.

A well defined crown crown is desirable. When the Hollandshows ear control, it is usually due to a "tight" crown, which lacksside to side width. Excessive earcontrol can bevery detracting from the overall appearance of the Holland "Lop",however the standard does note that Hollands are prone to exhibitingear control when excited and they should be allowed to relax.

Of course, not every rabbit is perfect or coming anywhere close to theideal described in the standard. One has to consider theentire rabbit, it's type, the standard's order of considerations (pointsystem), then judge by comparing each specimen to others in the class.

Pam

Latest posts

Back