palpating belly/feeling lg. lumps

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luvbuns

Reaction score
Hello!

I said I'd be back...:)

I have been able to feel Mindy's belly and I can feel, I think, threefairly large lumps...When looking at her from the top view, I can alsosee her back and rear sides moving (sort of fluttering)...could that bekits moving about inside?

If what I am feeling and seeing are, indeed, the kits, how long wouldyou estimate before she kindles her babes....any ideas would beterrific?

I bought, last night, some 'faux fur' at the pet store to put in her nest box, just in case she does not pull any out...

She seems a little bit feisty, so I just don't know what to think....

Anything that anyone can contribute would be great and much appreciated.

Ericka

Thanks for your reply...the faux fur that Ibought is the 'cottony stuff'...I will remove it immediately...thanksfor the info...I'm just concerned that since she is a young/first timemomma that she may not pull fur...I am keeping a very close eye on her(I even slept on the couch last night)...:)

Ericka

babbitlover(my sis) and me have a doe who justgave birth 4 days ago, she was aswell a first time mom, she didnt builda nest till about 2 hours before she kindled, and didnt pull fur tillright before. Dont worry, shell kno what to do, good luck

I will definitely update when I have new info (or more ?'s)...

She seems very uncomfortable..she lays down on her side and for no reason will just jump up and start licking her sides....

Since I just got her 10 days ago, and didn't actually see her mate, Iam still skeptical about her being pregnant; even though all signs say'yes'...

I will just keep watch over her and make sure she is as comfy as possible...

Thanks again for the helpful info and encouragement...much appreciated!

Ericka

where did u get her from, be careful if its froma petstore, i dont know about the petstores in ur area, but mypetstore, all rabbits that are in stock, are brothers and sisters, sobe careful there isnt interbreeding if she came from a pet store, andif she did, hope she wasnt pregnated by her brother... not to scare u,my friend had it happen

I did get her from a petstore...it's a privatelyowned store and they get their buns from a local breeder ...but, it isvery likely it could have been from a sibling...what should I expect ifif was...are the kits always born with defects? now I am scared (morescared than I already was)....:shock:

omg, im sorry to scare you, the rabbits willprobably be born ok, im not completly sure, but maybe someone with moreexperience could jump in, ive heard of people breeding siblings andhaving them being completly healthy. I didnt plan to make you nervous,i just wanted to put it out there in case something goes wrong, andwhen i heard she came pregnant, it was the first thing i thought of. Myfriends hamsters interbred, and they were kinda screwd up in the head,but they lived way past the average life span, andhadcompletly healthy lives

Just make sure the mom feeds the babies. I havethis ND I've been trying to breed. And she has kits but they are cold.The last batch only lived 2 days. I've come to the conclusion she isnot a good mother.

No babies yet...last night she ransacked hercage- including the nestbox. Everything is out of the box andstrewn all over her cage...is that a bunny thing? now I haveto go and fix it all over again....:?

she'll do that some but when she is really getting close to kindling she'll get serious and built a real nest.

am i getting this right that you bought a rabbit from a pet store and found that it was pregnant?

hope the kits are ok.

Latest posts

Back