Palm Leaves?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sephira

Reaction score
I am having trouble finding straw/grass mats for the girls to dig and chew. But yesterday I was at the dollar store and noticed some place mats that were made from dried palm leaves. They are untreated and not dyed, so I'm wondering if these would work...

Anybody know if these would be safe? :?

If they were imported, they have been treated with pesticides. Practically everything that comes from over-seas is "de-bugged", including clothing which is why we can sometimes detect that funny smell and develop rashes from certain products that
are imported. I would not trust these mats.

I have seen them sold for parrots and other birds. It would probably be safer to buy the ones meant for animals, they are less likely to have been treated with pesticides etc.

Same goes for the sea-grass and other fiber mats, I suppose.

So....What about the sea grass mats sold by World Market? I've been using those since hearing about them on this forum. My bunnies love to rest on them, and chew them apart.
But if they're not safe, I'd prefer not to use them.....

I'm bumping this.....

I am still curious about the grass mats sold at World Market. I am pretty sure they are imported; they smell really strongly like grass, nothing else.

I started using them after some recommendations from a few other RO forum members suggested them.

I really like the size, and they are nice and thick so they're nice for the bunnies to rest on (I place them over the plywood in the condos), and they provide great grip for furry feet. They're also a lot less expensive than Busy Bunny grass mats........But I'd pay for the expensive ones if the cheap ones aren't safe.

Latest posts

Back