Pain in my Bun! Thinking my girl may be happier with friends

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darfi

Reaction score
Okay, so I love my rabbit Isis. She's a sparkle in my smile when I look into her stark blue eye (since rabbits look atcha sideways) but she pees all over my carpet, chews any wires she can find and is not a cuddly rabbit with humans (even me and I had her since she was 9 weeks old and she is now 9 months old). She isn't practical for apartment living.

I have to use vinegar to get the pee marks out of my carpet and vinegar also rids my apartment of my boyfriend who gets oddly ill around the gills when he smells vinegar. She plays well with males, fixed or not (but careful, she isn't spayed - the vet here wasn't comfortable enough to do the operation) but I don't know how she is with other females now that she is of mature age.

That being said I am also going to have to dodge the landlady because she is coming to our building to do a full inspection of the building cleanliness and pets (besides birds for some reason) are not allowed. I did ask the building manager if a rabbit was okay and he allowed it but even he will have to hide his tiny dog someplace to dodge the landlady.

I am hoping that I can pass Isis on to somebody who can home her with free space and other buns to play with. She's a good girl, she lets you pet her on her own terms if you don't pick her up but otherwise, as much as I adore her, I think she'd be living a better life elsewhere.

I hate to put this out there because she is a little bit of a handful to catch, will nip on occasion and since she was a tiny little bunlette, I have cared for her and developed ways to get along. She is truly a gorgeous rabbit, but she prefers the company of other lagomorphs.

There is no mad rush to rehome her but if anyone wants to take her, perfectly free of charge (and only to somebody who will be perfect for her) then she is yours. If you are interested, we can discuss it and make arrangements for pick-up or transport.

"*sigh* It's for the best....it's for the best....."

Have you tried just building her a bigger NIC cage and giving her less free time where she can destroy things in the apartment?

I just know there are way too many bunnies in BC who need homes. I honestly believe thatshes better off with you even if it meant having limited run time.

No not yet, I don't get to shop often but i've kept my eyes open and checked places I do get to, haven't found em yet. She isn't leaving here unless she goes somewhere better for her either. As long as she's here, she's mine and i'll still be looking for the grid panels and trying to resolve this. In the mean time, here's a post until somebody wants to give her a better home than I can.

Is there any other vet you can use to get her spayed? I think it will make a big difference.

I know when I lived in an apartment I would practically go nuts trying to keep the rugs clean.Even now living in my condo I still find at least two my rabbits leaving pee stains on the rug. I think they just do it mark their turf. Both are neutered. The people who had the place before me had cats and kept the cat box in the bedroom. That seems the popular place to leave a mark.

There possibly is, since I neutered Prince I had no real need to do it for pregnancy purposes so I left her in tact. I haven't asked any other vets about it. The Central Animal Hospital is the closest to me and I have to cab there so I pretty much see that place as my only option. Not to mention I cannot afford a spay for quite some time. If she is still in my care and I come back out of this hole of debt and needs, I will look for some other vet if it'll make that big of a difference.

Latest posts

Back