Paddling in water bowl??

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lynseymoon

Reaction score
I have a lionhead who is about a year and a half old, and he's been doing this weird paddling in his water bowl, right before he drinks. Sometimes it's not even in the water, but against the side of the bowl. At first I didn't mind, but now it's becoming so noisy, and what's worse is that he always winds up spilling his water. Some days I come home and he's got no water. I've tried scolding him for it but it never seems to stick. I've also tried switching him back to a bottle but he just won't drink from it. I've even tried different water bowls, and when I first switch he doesn't do it, but then he starts right back up again. Please help, I'm not sure what to do, and I don't want to deprive him of water.

I've never heard of anything like this but you could try this,
You could get a water bowl that hooks up to the side of the cage. That way he can't paddle in it against it.
Also you could try to put a water bottle over the bowl and introduce it to him. So when the bowl runs out of water he has no choice but to drink from the bottle.

~Breeding Quality Holland Lops Since 2012~

Has anything about the water changed, such as being from a different source than he is used to? Is he given fresh water every day? Does the bowl tend to get any debris floating in it?

i have a lion head as well and i have seen him paddle in his water a couple times also i have seen him run threw it, seem to sit in it lol nothing constant or anything but he has done it , i just thought he was either playing or washing his feet lol i put a rug remnant under his bowl so no spillage on the floor and i rinse and change his water every day. that's about it my loki is aptly named and even splashes you once in a while he is just a fresh bunny haha i haven't really tried to change or stop it honestly i just thought it was a loki thing you know ?

I don't understand complete English, I give water in a special container for them, those who have a ball at the nozzle tip. so she licks and wets not the muzzle and avoid getting wet by forming fungi in open container..

Latest posts

Back