Ozzy :( he really is sick....

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How's Ozzy doing? Charlie went through a similar gas attack 2 nights ago and he also looked like he was dying, but I knew it was gas.

Tummy rubs, simethicone and bit of Nutrical is my remedy.

I'll update since Julia is at work.

Ozzy is doing well as of this afternoon, she took him to the vets this morning since he belly was verydistended and firm. Thevet said its a mild blockage (hair), gave him some fluids, metacam for pain andreglan, which is a gut-motillity drug.

I stopped by to drop off some hay and see the gang. Ozzy seemed alert, standing onthe second level of his pen. Julia said hes been eating pellets and hay.

Ozzy's sucha trooper (and he has a great bunny mom too) :hug:

Okay this is the second try at this post. Stupid internet.

Thanks Haley, for upadating. I am a crazy woman right now after the night I had. My vet is the most amazing lady. She said I could keep them there but I decided I could handle him (With the forums help of course). She also gave me her home number incase of after hours emergency.

I saw a poop out of him earlier, just one, but still YAY Then when I got home I found a whole set of 4 allstrung together, ew.:shock: But I'm assuming it was his. SO that's good. He is eating hay as we speak. I will continue her recovery plan until he is back to his little piggy self. And pooping like himself too!

Thanks everyone who got me through last night without having a meltdown. I almost did. Ozzy thanks you all, too

Our rabbit, General, had the same thing happen to him earlier this year. Motility drugs, provided by the vet, massaging, keeping him moving, and giving him a warm sock helped General get through it.

If Ozzy is drinking, this is a good sign. Drinking is really important. The fact that he's eating hay too is a really good sign.

We hope Ozzy feels better very soon. Please keep us updated.

Back