Ow! I didn't mean to do that!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saffy

Reaction score
9 Ladies Stone Circle - Derbyshire, , United King

I was wiping down the carpet beside the skirting boards yesterday to get to the bits the hoover just CAN'T reach, and a stray sewing needle made it's presence known in the most painful way possible - by sticking itself in my finger.

I felt the needle break, felt the pain, and had a look to see if I could pull said needle out. I didn't pull it out, what I did do was watch the end of it disappear into my finger fully as the skin quickly swelled around it.
gag.gif

A quick trip to our local wee hospital (The WHitworth - gord bless em) and an x ray, showed that the needle had not only penetrated my flesh, but gone into the bone and into the joint.
icon_rolleyes.gif
icon_eek.gif

So, duly sent to The Royal in Chesterfield I am now on the emergency list this morning to have it operated on .. with a general anasthetic!

How can something SO SMALL, cause so much havoc!?

progress.gif

You poor thing!! I cannot believe how those things can happen!!

I'm assuming you have your laptop? or do you have to go back there later?

How are they going to remove it? do you know?

I hope they have an easy time getting it and your hand heals very quickly!

:hug:

OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i hurt just thinking of it, good luck

You POOR THING! I'm so sorry! Please let us know how you are (as soon as you can type again!) Sending good vibes your way!

[align=center]:rainbow::inlove::rainbow:[/align]
[align=left][/align]
[align=left]I sew a lot and have put the machine needle right through my finger a few times (OK, not the smartest thing I've ever done...!) and had to rip the stitches out of my finger, I know how fast it can swell up! Take care.... [/align]

[align=center]Ewwwwwwwwww[/align]
[align=center]*Shivers down spine* [/align]
[align=center]Hope your finger heals quickly![/align]

Wow, are you ok?

That must hurt so much..=S

I hope you're finger makes a complete recovery!!

Ouch! I hope everything went well with the surgery, and that your finger will make a speedy and complete recovery. :hug1 :big kiss:

BlueGiants wrote:
[align=left]I sew a lot and have put the machine needle right through my finger a few times (OK, not the smartest thing I've ever done...!) and had to rip the stitches out of my finger, I know how fast it can swell up! Take care.... [/align]
this is my biggest fear,i havent done it yet but i am sure it is coming lol

I just jumped out of my skin thinking about this happening to me. I LOVE to sew stuff for my rats. I wouldn't doubt there is a needle laying around this house somewhere.

OUCHHHH!

Latest posts

Back