Outdoor Run

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rescuemom

Reaction score
NOT A FULL TIME OUTDOOR CAGE.

I have two options. a) the new house Im moving to has a built on large outdoor parrot cage(it would only need some sort of dig guard but its safe from predators in every other way) or b) my 12x8 dog run that would need dig proofing and a roof. He will only ever be out weather permitting and whilee I'm in the yard.

I only have a few questions.

What are some things to consider when makinh these safe and fun for my bun?

What are some fun outdoor things I can make for Crush?

The predator proofing and dig-proofing are really the two most important things for safety. The other thing to be aware of is just making sure there are no sharp edges to the corner of the cages/wire etc that he could get cute on while digging etc. If you have trees overhanging the run area that are dropping leaves, you need to make sure that the leaves are either safe for your rabbit to eat, or that you rake them up before putting your bunny in the run. Make sure you always remember to provide water in the run along with shade.

In terms of fun things to do, scattering some pellets or similar around can make it fun for a bunny to forage for food. Whenever I have Bandit outside in his run, he gets one or two tunnels. A plastic tub that he can both hide in and sit on top of, a couple of his toys, a foam mat to lay on in case he wants to get off the grass (never seems to be an issue), his litter tray (he poops wherever on the lawn but still goes back in his box to pee), and we also often do a little bit of tricks training. You can also stuff a tunnel full of something like newspaper, so that he then has to dig himself a way through the tunnel. Most of all though, Bandit just likes being outside, he mostly ignores all the toys, he simply enjoys having a tunnel to be able to feel secure in, and having his box to jump up on, the rest of the time he is eating grass or zooming around :D

Latest posts

Back