outdoor hutch/run instructions?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

canela_2004

Reaction score
Does anyone have any links with instructions for making a suitable outdoor hutch for a medium-large rabbit?Kahlua lives inside full time right now with us in an x-large dog crate and gets run of the house at night. However I would like to have a place for her to be able to be outside to spend a little time a few times a week during nice weather. it doesnt have to be fancy since she wont be living in it, just using it to get fresh air and be outside for a little while. TIA!

Have you seen the run that MyBabyBunnies has? Im not sure if she has any pics in her current thread, but I know she did in her old blog. She made it herself and its very sturdy and nice.

I'll have a look around and see if I can find you some pics.

Great thread. I want to do the same for my buns on cool days in the summer... though, I live in AZ and there really is no such thing as a "cool summer day":foreheadsmack:!

- Amy (Mallory, Morgan, and Madilyn-Mae):hearts

I don't have any instructions, but you could make a hutch/run combo like this one (taken from the happy hutch company)so that Kahlua can go into the run to get exercise but then go inside the hutch for shelter and if he needs to feel safe.:)

hutchruncombo.jpg

Also I have anenclosed run which youcould take the idea from if thats the type of thing you are looking for, however I didn't build it myself sounfortunately I can't give any instructions on how to built it.

portablerun.jpg

I would also recommend that if it is a run you are looking for that you make a roof for it, especially if you have any animals that could attack a rabbit around where you live.:)

I want this one soooooo bad.....it will only cost me like $100 depending how far the bid goes, but Ryan and I will be moving to a house or an apartment this summer and I worry we won't have a yard to put it in. We have plenty of space here at his mom's house, but I would hate to see it sit here not in use if we don't have much of a yard at our new place.

http://cgi.ebay.com/6Folding-Rabbit-Guinea-Pig-chinchilla-poultry-Run-018J_W0QQitemZ220091203623QQcategoryZ116396QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Here's plans for a run, you could easily make it bigger than what's here I think.:)

Rabbit run plans

There's no attached hutch though so wouldn't be suitable for night.:?

My run was made by my dad, but he's making me a new one soon (hopefully!) and is getting the help of a carpenter friend, should turn out good.

Personally I would love this -

Bunnyhouse

Ohhhhhh, I'm sooooo jealous! I wish we had a good hutch company to buy from here in the US.

I am sure Ryan could help me make a hutch with an attached run, but I'm sure we will start it and never finish it. He gets bored easily and I won't be able to do it by myself, lol. Maaaaaybe though, I will have to talk to him.

Latest posts

Back