Out-of-cage time in a different area than the xpen?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilac

Reaction score
I am bringing my new bunny home soon, and I am planning to have his xpen in the basement, but free-roam him upstairs, in my room. (two floors up) I would transport him in a small carrier and have a litter box with hay somewhere in the room, as well as a hidey house. Would this be okay? And what would you change to make him a bit more comfortable?
I could let him free roam in the basement but that would be a lot more difficult for me to set up and he would have to have less free roam time.

Why would you even need an xpen in the basement if he is free-roaming upstairs in your room? Couldn't you just let him free-roam in your room 24/7 instead of moving him back and forth? If you don't want him to free-roam at night you could set up a home base (such as a dog kennel, or xpen) in your room to lock him up at night.
If for some reason you can't have him in your room all the time, then taking him back and forth seems like a great plan.

I think I worded that in a confusing way- he will get to come up to my room for 3-5 hours for ''out-of-cage-time'' or whatever you call it- and for the rest of the day, he will be in his xpen.

My room is quite plain and it would actually be perfect to free-roam him in, but unfortunately, my parents would not allow that. I could ask again but honestly, I doubt they would change their minds.

Latest posts

Back