Our Rabbit humps me, but only when I am wearing socks!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hkok

Reaction score
I know it's a bit weird but :

Our 1½ year old male trys to hump my feet but only when I am wearing (white) cycling/running socks he only does it to me (not my wife) he is the only animal we have.

I can think of two things.

1. Is it some smell that does (pheromones) from me or the washing?

2. Is it my behaviour that makes him think my feet are female rabbits, and is there a way to stop it? (like you can with a dog)

Mine will hump anything that's bare skin - legs are most common, clothed parts do not seem to attract his attention. It's always a challenge doing stuff in his cage or trying to clean his cage

You should consider getting him neutered. That would stop that behavior as well as be better for his temperament, health, and smell.

Its kind of expensive to do, but if you look around you will probably be able to fine a reasonably priced vet. Sometimes the SPCA knows of good places or could do it themselves for less.

Lol, either neutering or a packet of clothing dye to de-white your socks.

I don't know if it's actually related but one signal from a female during courtship is to lift her tail right up revealing the white underside. If it is just white socks he goes for that could be the reason why.

Cookie has started humping as well! He only does it when we are wearing sweaters and when we let him smell us with our sweaters on. I think the best is to neuter him.. but I haven't got the courage to do that to Cookie just yet =(

Latest posts

Back