Our oldest cat has disappeared

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

m.e.

Reaction score
Beeper is our first family cat. She's 18 years old and still semi-feral, and the only one of our cats who goes outside. We haven't seen her for over 24 hours:( She rarely strays past our property and we have looked everywhere.

She's been in declining health for a couple years now and we have always felt that when she does leave us, she'll likely just disappear one day. So in a sense, we were mentally and emotionally prepared for this. But the not knowing is still hard :sigh:

Beeper two days ago:

1524155781_b4234394fc_m.jpg

Oh no Emily.:(I understand what you feel like, if Ollie ever goes missing I am sick with the worry until I find him again.

I'll be keeping little Beeper in my thoughts, and you too.:hug::pray:

*update*

When I returned from work I was informed that Beeper had reappeared, but she's not doing well:( She's tired and barely eating, and given that she is semi-feral, any type of intense medical intervention for her is not a real option. The car ride alone would be far too stressful for her.

So we're back to waiting. Keeping her comfortable. Loving on her as much as we can :hearts

This has been a rough month for us...

I am very sorry to hear about your kitty. I hope she goes peacefully in her sleep. Our formerly feral Noneck kitty passed away 2 months ago while sleeping on the deck in his favorite sun patch. It was so hard to find him there even though he had a lot of years and a lot of mileage on him. He was a little over 18 years. Prayersfor you and Beeper.

She's still barely eating, but alert and not showing any signs of discomfort or pain. Thank you for your prayers and good thoughts.

Back