Our new holland

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heavenlyshelties

Reaction score
Okay so hopefully this wont upset any of you and if it does I appologize. I am not very happy at this point. I drove ten hours to get our new holland today and when we got there we were given a different price on the bunnies than I was told before I drove down. I had to choose a bunny that was in my price range since I had only brought so much cash with me and this little girl was in it. Now she looked the best to me out of the ones I had to choose from. I was told her shoulders weren't very good and her ears were probably too long but she is only two months so she has a chance to grow as far as her shoulders grow but who knows. Many of the does from her line did really good on the show table though and she was the best one and the sweetest so I bargained and got her price dropped down to $40. I was upset though because the one I was going down for i was told was 35 dollars and when I got there it was 100 dollars!!!! I know they can choose their own prices but I was told a certain price for that particular bun and drove so long and it was so much more than what I was told.

BUT... she is really sweet and I am just hoping she has some good points about her as far as showing goes. So if those who show could tell me what they think I'd appreciate it. Either way heaven has a new bunny, and miffy has a new bunny friend - eventually! I don't intend to introduce them for a few days to make sure this one isn't sick.

They said she's a broken tort blue

Here is her photos, I think she's a cutie.. just not sure on show potential. Don't have a name yet, any suggestions?

heavenlyshelties ; I'm so sorry for you !!!!!!!!!!!!! That really stinks ! :disgust:

That has never happened to us before, that a price quoted was changed whilewe were enroute. Not right.

Your bun looks good. In one pic. her ears seem a tad long, but in the next pic. they look o.k. Her crown looks good; from what little I know. :?

I have a few Hollands, although we're phasing out of showing them and retiring them from breeding--just keeping the parents for pets.

I'm learning to shop for "body parts" instead of the perfect show bun. By putting a Flemish with an awesome back end , with a Flemish with a massive head and shoulders, I'm hoping for a great overall giant.

Good Luck !

Kadish Tolesa :pinkpansy:

Latest posts

Back