Our New Bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rtvarnell

Reaction score
This is our new Jr Buck 4 months old. What do you all think?? Show stock or just breeding?? We get another on next weekend and two more in like 3 weeks. He wasn't handled much before we got him either.

5466014959_ba2870cc8f_m.jpg

Depends on if he tames down some. I will breed him with another Champagne D Argent. We will be getting the females in three week and another male next week. The breeder we got him from really can't handle all of her rabbits.

I wouldn't recommend ever breeding him to anything! His shoulders are far too weak for a commercial breed. It will take a TON of breedings to breed out those shouders, that is if they ever do.

Toastasaraus wrote:
I wouldn't recommend ever breeding him to anything! His shoulders are far too weak for a commercial breed. It will take a TON of breedings to breed out those shouders, that is if they ever do.
I agree with this because californians also have this problem. The long shouldered rabbits do make a better meat pen but once they hit senior they go downhill in the show classes

We also want to bread for meat. But we don't want to have it get out of control so we are striving for show first then meat. So I will put him on the lovable list. He is so darn cute and warming up to us very nicely. I will be really picky with the next ones we get to pick I hope to be able to get the pick of the litters in a few weeks. I will visit with the breader tonight about that.

I found out he has a sore hock now. I am glad I rescued him from is previous he was sharing a small cage with 3 other Rabbits. Small in like 2ft X 2ft at the biggest and the other rabbits were larger like him. :?:?:?:X

I've 100% bred sore hocks out of my big rabbits, you know how? Proper bone. The fact that he has such weak shoulders and sore hocks is a big sign that he doesn't have proper bone to support his weight :/ Moving him onto a solid floor cage will help but he'll probably always have them to some degree. I shove proper bone down all my 4-H kids throats lol

I've 100% bred sore hocks out of my big rabbits, you know how? Proper bone. The fact that he has such weak shoulders and sore hocks is a big sign that he doesn't have proper bone to support his weight :/ Moving him onto a solid floor cage will help but he'll probably always have them to some degree. I shove proper bone down all my 4-H kids throats lol

Latest posts

Back