our new baby girl!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobasmomma

Reaction score
04152012501.jpg

04152012503.jpg

04152012499.jpg

were taking things slow with her, letting her get used to her house before starting to bond with her. her first night home was filled with hilarious (to me, not so much to fiancee) bunny antics such as knocking over her food dish and water bowl and flinging them about (someone is getting a water bottle). i love how much noise this tiny bunny can make and how annoyed DF gets about it! i love her face markings, she looks like she tried to put on way to much makeup hehe

She's soo cute! Is she really a mini rex though-her fur looks kind of long.
I LOVE her markings by the way-especially the ears and eye circles!

Defiantly a mini Rex yeah, I suppose the pics don't really capture it but it's def rex fur (lemme double check by burying my face in it)....yep def Rex fur hehe

bobasmomma wrote:
Defiantly a mini Rex yeah, I suppose the pics don't really capture it but it's def rex fur (lemme double check by burying my face in it)....yep def Rex fur hehe

Yeah the fur is the true test. :biggrin2:

Really doesn't look like a pure mini-rex (pure mini-rex fur looks pretty much exactly like velvet,thecoat looks uniform and very very short)to me from that closeup picture. She could easily be a mix that would give her the extra softness though. But either way she's truly adorable! She sounds like a hoot! :biggrin2:

Nela wrote:
Really doesn't look like a pure mini-rex (pure mini-rex fur looks pretty much exactly like velvet,thecoat looks uniform and very very short)to me from that closeup picture. She could easily be a mix that would give her the extra softness though. But either way she's truly adorable! She sounds like a hoot! :biggrin2:
Agreed. Really doesn't look like mini-rex fur at all.

saidinjester wrote:
Nela wrote:
Really doesn't look like a pure mini-rex (pure mini-rex fur looks pretty much exactly like velvet, the coat looks uniform and very very short) to me from that closeup picture. She could easily be a mix that would give her the extra softness though. But either way she's truly adorable! She sounds like a hoot! :biggrin2:
Agreed.  Really doesn't look like mini-rex fur at all.

Wow....Thank god the breed police are here! I don't care if she's a mix or pure bred she's a sweetheart.

Umm? Was that really necessary? Of course you love her. We all love her. We just saw an oppurtunity for you to learn something. Most people do like to know what breed their bun is. It makes no difference, as long as she's loved. Just thought you might enjoy understanding the differences in breeds but I was mistaken. My bad.

Nela wrote:
Umm? Was that really necessary? Of course you love her. We all love her. We just saw an oppurtunity for you to learn something. Most people do like to know what breed their bun is. It makes no difference, as long as she's loved. Just thought you might enjoy understanding the differences in breeds but I was mistaken. My bad.
Um, whoa. My thoughts exactly.

She's a Black & Orange Tri-Color Mini Rex, I used to breed Tri Mini Rex for show and this is exactly what they look like when they're younger....here's a picture:
2873427.jpg

Very cute baby by the way!! :) Good luck with her. :)

just an FYI i have her pedigree/linage..shes from a reputable breeder out here. P.S. the way you two worded your responses was very preachy...never appreciated by anyone.

I am not going to argue over a petty issue like this. I said 'to me' that doesn't mean that I'm right and you're wrong. People were debating it. There's just no point in getting in a gripe over this. :rollseyes

bobasmomma wrote:
just an FYI i have her pedigree/linage..shes from a reputable breeder out here. P.S. the way you two worded your responses was very preachy...never appreciated by anyone.

Shame you didn't put that in your first message.

After really reviewing her pic to what TinksMom said, her hair looks a bit long to be a Mini-Rex. More like my Dobby's hair (Marten). I had the opportunity to meet a Mini-Rex and definitely short plush hair.

I'll go with "Cute Bunny" Breed.

K:)

If she's got a pedigree saying she's a Mini Rex then she's defiantly a Mini Rex! There was no doubt in my mind if she was a Mini Rex. I've been working with the breed for 9 years...I think I know one when I see one. Baby fur is usually longer than the adult fur. The picture that I had posted are of 4 month old babies.

TinksMama wrote:
If she's got a pedigree saying she's a Mini Rex then she's defiantly a Mini Rex! There was no doubt in my mind if she was a Mini Rex. I've been working with the breed for 9 years...I think I know one when I see one. Baby fur is usually longer than the adult fur. The picture that I had posted are of 4 month old babies.
Glad to hear you been with the breed for 9 years. Just doesn't look like one. And I have seen purebred mini rexes myself. At all stages of life.

But anyway, cute bunny. Wishing you luck.

K:)

Back