Our Member Shye's Nuggles Needs Your Prayers!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tenacrewoods

Reaction score
Hello! Everyone

shye
Nuggles Mom just replied to my thread and Her Baby needs Our Prayers!:pray:

This is the sick Baby!

attachment.php

shye wrote!

Hi Mike,

No Nibbles didnt get fix today. My husband and I got up this A.M. expecting to take Nibble sin but when Chad(husband) went into the kitchen to make a pot of coffee, he switched on the light to say good morning to the girls as always and was shocked to see our Nuggles cage coverd in her Diareha!!:shock:Chad yelled for me to come quick and I took one look grabbed the phone to inform the vet that he would not be doing routine spay on Nibbles after all and that Nuggles was in bad shape and this would be an emergency. We were at the vets from 8:30 a.m. to3:30 p.m. The vet is a 25 minute drive from our house and honestly, I wasn't sure Nuggles would survive to see the vet. 1 year ago yesterday we lost our Pooky. Today has felt like the time was rewinded back to that day.

Nuggles has a GASTROINTESTINAL ABNORMALITY their is a name for it but I am so scatterbrained right now I cant remember it. Basically her level of fiber was thrown out of wack and is imbalanced so the bacteria in the intestines is thriving at a rapid speed do to her intestines not functioning properly. part of her intestine is working on mega overload, to fast, other parts are normal,and other parts of the intestine are lazy or not functioning at all.Her tool is just mucus no consistency at all. She wont eat or drink so of course she was dehydrated. The vet gave her injections under the skin (water) for her body to absorb, antibiotics, medication to fight the bacteria directly, and critical care to replace the food she is not eating. and also she got a shot of painkiller for her sour stomach and also to help her relax. She had to go through a whole lot of scary x-rays, lots of needles, force feedings, and so on.

As of right now 1:00 a.m. Nuggles has not shown any improvement. Dr. said the next 24 hours are going to be critical, if she shows no improvement by 8:00 a.m. he will be calling in another medication for her that he said he will only use if absolutely necessary. It has been a long day and an even longer night. In 45 min.she will be do for another dose of forse feeding the critical care. We are so affraid we are going to lose her.:bigtears:

Shye

Please! Lets AllShow Her the Power Of Prayer & Love!:pray: :heartbeat:

MikeE.

"Tell Me,I'll Forget"
"Show Me,I'll Remember"
"Involve Me,I'll Understand"

Ohh no!..i'm so sorry...poor little Nuggles :(

you are bothdeep in my thoughts and prayers

I feel for you having to see your baby go through something like this :hug2:

keep us updated on how Nuggles is doing!

cheryl

:(:cry2:bawl:...........thank you. As of now she has still showed no improvement. The critical care treatment is a major battle! but we are getting it down her. then it is another fight with the medications and now im wondering if I shoulnt baby force a little water in her with the seringe:ponder:she still wont drink.

:bawl:I need a magic wand!!:yawn:............:thud:im going to lay in her cage with her untill the vet opens, she wants to cuddle with me when I dont try to feed her and dont have any meds in my hands.I gonna soak up the cuddles while shes givin them out!

thank you again! I will keep ya posted!

Shye

:tears2:poor girl,she just doesn't understand what is going on

Have you tried to syringe her some water yet? if she is not drinking then it may be a good idea just to syringe feed her some water

Come on Nuggles..you get better for mummy

cheryl

Lots of :hug2: and :pray: for Nuggles!

:(

Prayers for your baby. :pray:

I think it would be a really good idea to syringe some water into her. It's very important to keep her hydrated.

Keep us updated!

You and Nuggles are in my thoughts today. I hope she begins to improve quickly. Poor girl :(. She's lucky to have you to take such great care of her. Please keep us updated.

:yawn:Thank you everyone! you kind words, prayers, and suggestions mean so much!

I did not have to seringe water to Nuggs:woohooafter she rested for an hour (without us pokeing, kissing, inspecting, etc. her) Chad (my husband) took her water bottle of her cage and begged :bowher to just take a few drinks. She decided that if he was gonna bring the water to her and she didnt have to get up then she would take a few drinks! Her diareah has slowed way down BUT so has her food intake so that is not real encouraging to me. She still has that very foul smell,(MIKE, DO NOT SHARE THAT WITH MONGO! SHEIS A LADY AFTER ALL!;))she still refuses to eat, and although her stool has been mostly mucas it has been a yellowish color, this a.m. there is a small drop of that mucas stool only it is a redish color:nerves1looks kinda like a drop of strawberry jam without seeds:saddened I am trying not to panick or freak out over it because if Chad sees me getting panicked then he really gets worried. Nuggles is his baby girl, daddy is always at her beck and call and at the airforce bace with all the "Tuff Military Egoes" flaunting around, Nuggles daddy proudly displays his girl on his desktop on the puter, on the desk in his office and doesnt miss an opertunity to show her picture to anyone and everyone who hasnt had the opertunity to see it yet!( Im sure he is anxiously waiting forsome new hires):wink.

I am going to hop in :bath:while I have a few minuets before Nuggs is due for her critical care. I have an emergancy foster critter due to arrive at 10:00a.m.:pullhair:and I havent even begun to get prepaired for her, she doesnt even have a cage!! oh my, I wish I had remembered this last night while I was suffering from insomnia!! I best get:construction!

:yawn:...........................:caffeine:caffeine:caffeine:caffeine:caffeine............................:help

:surrender

Thanks everyone!I willpost again after I talk to the vet again.

Shye

She's such a little doll!

Praying very hard for you and your precious baby. :pray:

Keep the faith and never give up hope.

-Carolyn

Lots of prayers and good thoughts being sent.

:pray:

~Jim

I've been checking here all night and day hoping for updates, really really really hope Nuggles is okay.:pray:

Shye, you and your bunnies are very, very dear to us. :heartbeat:

sas :hug2:

:clover::clover::clover::clover::clover::clover: :clover: :clover::clover: :clover: :clover::clover: :clover: :clover::clover: :clover: :clover::clover::clover::clover::clover::clover::clover:

:yes:Hi everybody! Finally I have a update for ya, our presious Nuggles is showing signs of improvement! She is drinking water just fine, she slepted all day and was very withdrawn all morning, I left the room to take a shower and try to relax while she was resting sound, I got dressed walked into the front room and here she was up and around checking to make sure Nibbles was still right next door, then she got in her litter box and took along bath herself!!!:party:then she went over to her other little hideout and saw that she had new newspaper back there and instantly got to work and started shredding her paper!!

Chad came home from work around 1:00 p.m. so we could give her meds and crittical care again, when chad opened the cage doore this time she came right out gave her best effort to kick out those cute fuzzy little feet of hers.Then of corse it was all ruiend when it was time to feed and give meds.she is still by far out of the woods but just to see our spoiled little princess show throw a little gives us hope!

The down side of things is that although her diareah has stoped, all pooing has stopped:cry4:she still wont eat on her own and unfortunatlyI really think she would eat if it wasnt hay or alfalfa. She ran up to the doore of her cage like always and begged with Nibbles for the evening salad ( with no less than 4 different types of greens! gotta have a variety) but when I set a bowl full of alfalfa down she got angry and hid in her cubby. The vet said no greens no pelets and no treats everything she is acustome to getting every day at the usual times. Needless to say I am not one of her favorite people tonight:cry3brakes my heart.

THANK YOU ALL FOR THE HEARTFELT SUPPORT!!!

It is once again that dreaded force feeding and medication time and poor Chad has fallen asleep in the chair waiting on me . I will return with more info later.

YOU ALL ARE SO AWSOME!!

Shye

Latest posts

Back