Our Cage is DONE!!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Meganc731

Reaction score
Woo Hoo!!! I'm so excited. It's finished :D

DSC02223.jpg

DSC02225.jpg

DSC02224.jpg

DSC02226.jpg

Megan

Very slick and professional looking.Especially like your clever use of grommets/zip ties and the bolts/fender washers. Long time in the works, but aworth while project and home for your buns.

Buck

Thanks Buck!!! I was really hoping you'd see it tonight! It was your great ideas that got me started. Thanks for all your help!

Megan

So cute!! I am not creative enough to makesomething!! All of my buns have the boring all wire cage houses! Whatan awesome cage, very sleek! Love the bunns to! Looks like they likeit! I was looking for the buns and thought (after finding them) theywere long haired guinea pigs!!

I love the idea of cutting the cubes at thebottom and having a pull out tray!!! I sense some modifications to mycage this summer when I have some time ;) Thanks for the ideas!

Minda

Thanks for all the feedback everyone!!! I reallyhad to twist my husband's arm to help me with it, but we had a lot offun working together. The buns seem to really like it, I can't wait forit to get dirty so I can clean it!! :D

I used a dremel tool to cut the grids and then I used some white rustoleum paint along the edges so that it wouldn't rust.

Megan

Meganc731 wrote:
I can't wait for it to get dirty so I can clean it!! :D
You could make a fortune building cages like that.It looks so sturdy and yet it's so simple in design that cleaning wouldbe a breeze........:cool:

Where did you get the wire shelves for the litter box? Did they fit exactly in the box?

Rainbows! :)

Woohoo! It looks fanatastic!

I really like the drawer idea down the bottom to get to the messy stuffeasier, you and your hubby are a great time, it's awsome!:dude::D

Thanks Ariel!!

It's time to clean so we'll see how well it works when put into action :D

Thanks everyone for all your compliments! We put so much effort into it that your kind words really made us both feel good.

Megan

The grill in the litter box is a great idea! Do you put hay in the litter box, too?

I just rescued a German Angora who's spent his whole life in a wirecage so he's not box trained at all. He was just neutered sohe should be easier to train now. I, too, had to clip hisrear because he soils himself. I also clipped hispaws and legs.

Patricia

Welcome to the board Patricia!!

Congrats on your German Angora, I love their personality. I use WoodyPet in the litter box. I was shearing Mr. Wiggles and saving the wool,I had planned to spin it,but it doesn't look like that'sgoing to happen, so I'm going to start keeping his hair shorter.

Megan

Very nice! You must be so excited, not to mention how happy your rabbits are. :)

I especially like your rabbit cutout thingy on the outside of the cage.

Megan, that is truly great! How long did it take you? They LOVe it!

Hugs!

Well from start to finish it took us 3 months!!LOL it took some time to figure out what worked and what didn't, weusually worked on it a couple hours every other weekend.

Megan

Back