Our Bun Family

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pocky wrote:
Ooooooooooh~ Houdini is such a handsome bun, I think my little Pocky is smitten...she does like the dark and anti-social type. :p I adore your buns, they're so gorgeous. Can't wait for an update!

-Bee

I just saw your comment! So sorry! D:

Houdini is VERRRRY handsome- and also verrrry anti-social lol! He loves other buns, though. He seems to have the attitude, "Get away from me, okay, but don't get too close. Okay you can lay there, but I won't clean you. Okay FINE I'll lick your head once. Twice." Slurp slurp. Five minutes later he's cuddled with two buns.

*rolls eyes*

Nelsons_Mom wrote:
Your buns are adorable! Does Fat Pants go between the two groups, or are all four bonded together? If so, that would be a bunny miracle!

They are quite squeal worthy, aren't they? :p She can go back and forth with Chubs and Houdini. She USED to get along with Mama Bun, but Mama Bun has decided, since Chubbies came along, that she doesn't like Fat Pants anymore. :( I will be attempting to re-friend them after Chubs is fixed. It was quite the miracle even when the three of them were best friends. They all hung out and cleaned each other (well, Houdini cleaned Mama and Fat Pants).

I'm crossing my fingers that we can at least get Mama to stop lunging at Chubs. I figured Houdini (male) would be the one to be territorial. Fat Pants and Chubs immediately got along. That was a miracle in my eyes!

I haven't posted many pictures of Houdini. So here are the few I've gotten recently. And YES, he's a fat bun. I can't seem to get him to lose weight. :-/

He's very disapproving most of the time. As you can tell.

The other day, I caught him chewing on baseboards. Told him to knock it off. Then, he went to chew on the movie shelf. also, told him to knock it off! He decided at that point to push his luck and gave me this look that said, "I'm really thinking about doing something else bad....but I don't know what you'll do." I told him, "Houd, I will punch your face if you chew on anything else." He gave me the stink eye, and gnawed on the couch. So, I punched him in the face. Not really- I pushed his face with the flat of my hand. This is the look he gave me afterward:
madhoud.jpg

This morning- I picked him up. Oh boy. That's a big no-no in Houd's book. He sat in front of the TV stand and gave more disapproving looks.
DSC01290-1.jpg

Still VERY upset with me. Oh Houd, you're such a HANDSOME bun though!
DSC01292.jpg

Chubbies came back from the vet today. :D He is doing very well. I have a hard time believing it, but the vet said he was a sweetheart and everyone loved him just like they loved Fat Pants. Although, Fat Pants had a big good-bye party when she went home lol. I'm not kidding, either. When we picked her up, the vet, techs, and receptionists were all, "Bye Fat Pants! We'll miss you!" "You're a good girl, get well soon!" It was disgusting. :p Chubs got a farewell from a tech and the receptionist.

He will be in his cage for a few days without Fat Pants around until his incisions are a bit healed. Neither is real happy about it but I'd rather not deal with a re-opened wound. Now, the countdown for his hormones to disappear begins! No more mounting, no more spraying, and less territorial battles! Woooo!

Samara wrote:
LOVE the pictures. Hahaha awesome! I'm hoping to have 4 bonded buns soon :)

It's hard work. They are not all bonded yet. We have to start over with Mama Bun and Fat Pants since Chubs claimed Fat Pants. :-/ lol. Rabbits are jealous, territorial animals!!!

We're throwing them in the bathtub this weekend. Then taking them for a car ride. Hopefully it works. lol.

I got a new camera for my birthday, so I am going to *attempt* to put up some great pictures AND a video later!! I am so excited.

Fat Pants is, too. She's been hogging the camera since I got it. Every time I try to get a picture of the other rabbits she gets in front of it. lol. Dorko.

Thanks so much for sharing the new pics. You have really sweet bunnies. Love the one showing off his trick. My husband can get Dobby and Willard to stand tall for treats too.

Hope both of you had a blast outside.

K:)

I'm posting some links to videos of the buns! Feel free to visit them. :)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xeqb_51T1cQ[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBrfHf4xSCs[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUF2nfuJN7s[/ame]

"I is very cute, but please, put me down."
We have to wrap the buns up when we clip their nails. Chubbies doesn't like it at all- but he is strong and will kick the poo out of us if we don't make a bunny burrito out of him.
DSCN0118.jpg

DSCN0117.jpg

"Dis is mah chair. I watches TV wish mah pawents."
DSCN0116.jpg

"They're watching me..." -Houdini
DSCN0107.jpg

"I'm very unamused by your picture-taking skillz."
DSCN0105.jpg

Mama Bun and her baby, Houdini.
DSCN0104.jpg

"Do I have something in mah teesh?"
DSCN0095.jpg

"Give meh cwaisins, and no one gets hurt."
DSCN0088.jpg

I'm pretty sure my rabbits resent my boyfriend for getting me a nice camera for my birthday lol. I've been taking pictures of them like crazy, and most of the time they look disgusted with me.

Congratulations on getting a new camera. Love the pics. My bunnies gave me the same looks when I started becoming a "shutter bug", but now it's like "Oh Mom, has that thing again. Just don't pay attention to her. The sooner you look cute, the sooner she puts it away."

You have handsome bunnies. Keep taking those pics. It's a fun way to get to know your bunny. Even things you thought you really about them.

The disapproving bunny look is universal haha. Love chubs hes a pretty bunny, and not a rex fan but Houdini is one handsome boy. Love your bun family, they have lots of personality :)

ZRabbits wrote:
Congratulations on getting a new camera.  Love the pics.  My bunnies gave me the same looks when I started becoming a "shutter bug", but now it's like "Oh Mom, has that thing again.  Just don't pay attention to her.  The sooner you look cute, the sooner she puts it away."

You have handsome bunnies.  Keep taking those pics.  It's a fun way to get to know your bunny.  Even things you thought you really about them. 

Fat Pants is a camera hog. She LOOOOOOVES getting RIGHT in the lens! Every time I start zooming, she sniffs it, and won't get out of the way! Definitely brought out her "I WANT ATTENTION!" side lol.

The rest of them just look at me like, "Oh again? REALLY? Okay." haha!

Thanks for your comments!!! :)

fuzz16 wrote:
The disapproving bunny look is universal haha. Love chubs hes a pretty bunny, and not a rex fan but Houdini is one handsome boy. Love your bun family, they have lots of personality :)

It really is universal. I think all of the pictures I've seen on here of buns, have at least ONE "disapproving" picture lol. They're pretty funny!

I am never a huge fan of a breed until I get one. I used to be addicted to Californians. But that was because I grew up with them! Then I got my first Rex and she was SOOOO sweet, I loved her to death. So Mini Rexes came naturally. Holland Lops, of course, just look like sweethearts so I wanted twelve of them immediately.

Latest posts

Back