OT (sort of) - Don't mess with my furkids!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jenniblu -- normally I would suggest the sameideas as others have said -- ignore him. But, you mentionedhe's been a friend over 10 years and not always like this. Soyou might try a different tactic.

Next time he comes over, keep a mental note of all the comments hemakes. After a while, talk to him privately (don't want toembarrass him in front of others) about it. Say, "Last 45minutes you said 10 negative things, such as..". And thenstart listing them. Keep your tone very casual and even, notaccusing. Point out that this constant stream of critismhurts your feelings, and that you know this isn't how he alwayswas. Make it clear you won't tolerate this behavioranymore (by not responding, and then eventually not spending time withhim). Emphasize how much you used to enjoy spending time withhim and you want that to continue. See how heresponds. Maybe he's having problems in his life and hedoesn't realize he's taking them out on other people. Thingswill probably be awkward for a while, but you may be able to salvagethis friendship.

PS You cat does look gorgeous. His fur looks very rich.

Jenniblu wrote:
she looked well...not pretty. Now, she is simplystunning in appearance and is so friendly and loving. Goes toshow you that you never know how something turns out. ;)

Amazing what a little TLC can do, huh?

Before:
Day1Toby.jpg

After:

TobyWonKanobe005.jpg

Maybe try asking your friend what's beenbothering him that he's so negative lately? Just a thought.If he's still a jerk after that, at least you tried.

I have one things to say to anyone who comes into my home and says anything negative about my pets:

- They live here - you don't.:p

Back