OT School Bus Safety

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Meganc731

Reaction score
Hi Everyone!!! Long time no see!! We've beengone for summer vacation and been so busy. I'm sorry to jump in afterso long with an OT, but I need some adivce and I don't know where toturn.

Peter has started riding the school bus for the first time this year,after he gets on the bus the driver doesn't wait for him to sit beforeshe starts driving, she'll start up and he'll jump into a seat realfast. Is this normal and is this safe?

Mr Wiggles and Bunny Foo foo are doing great!! My husband sheared BunnyFoo Foo while I was on vacation and she looks so adorable. When I leftMr. Wiggles was cut real short and by the time I got hom he was a fluffball again, he's just so cute and so sweet. I've been working on a roomspecifically for the birds and the rabbits, I'll post pics when I getit done, I'm really excited about it.

Megan

Peter has started riding the school bus for thefirst time this year, after he gets on the bus the driver doesn't waitfor him to sit before she starts driving, she'll start up and he'lljump into a seat real fast. Is this normal and is this safe?

:ponder:

I really don't see this safe. I've been riding the school bus for about1 year & this year would be my second. My bus driver never doesthat, as she told us that if were standing and then the bus moves...youcould possibly lose balance and hit your head. Maybe if you get thechance either talk to the bus driver, the bus company OR the school andthey could try to fix this :)

:inlove:Sounds great that your buns are doing so well. Emmy and I will sure be waiting for the pictures!

Glad your bunnies are doing fine =)

I've ridden the bus quite a number of times through my high schoolyear. Some of the drivers would wait, and others wouldn't. I don'tthink it's safe, so you should probably call up the school or the busline and talk to them about it.

School BUs andthat BS answer is NO and NO ! be aclever Mommy step up into thebus with him so she has nochance of leaving before he sits .Then call the bus companyexplain what and why you didwhat you did .

The Bus has no buisness moving untilthe child is properly seated . If sheuses Late as an excuse tell herto leave earlier next time .she is rushing to get doinewith hte kids and on to biggerand better .

Throw a fit and get her sloweddown before an arm , neck backor leg is broken .

We have a Transporation Dept. that handles allbuses in the district. Call them, give them the bus number,route number and stop location. And let them know she isn'tdrivng safely.

My suggestion is to also go out to the bus with Peter, and as he getson the bus, just say to to the driver, "You wait til they sit downbefore you drive away, right?" Make a point of it... butdon't get on the bus... Around here if a parent or "non-authorized"adult boards the bus (even on the steps!) they can be arrested at thedrivers descretion.

Good luck with that. I was going tolet Ally ride the bus to school this year, but quicklychangedmy mind after the stories I've recently heard. My neighbor'sdaughter (15)rode the bus to school on the first day ofschool last year. After school, a group of little thugswouldn't let her get back on the bus home, and the driver didNOTHING! She had to go back in the school and call her momwho, of course, was livid and went to the school and threw afit. But after that, she didn't want to get back on the bus,so her parents had to alter their schedules to make sure got back andforth safely. Public school here is HORRIBLE. We'llprobably put Ally in private school when she goes to highschool.

Laura

Thanks for the input and suggestions, I knew youguys could help me out. Since this is the beginning of the school yearI imagine they'll have some kind of back to school night and I canprobably talk with one of the principals about it. I had another majorscare when he got home. He was in Kindergarten last year, although hedidn't ride the bus, the rule was that if there was no one there tomeet him, the bus driver would take the child back to the school. Wellthis afternoon she came by 5 minutes early and I wasn't there yet, Ifigured because Peter was still so young that she'd take him back toschool, I told my mom that we needed to go over there, we almost wentdirectly there, but I said lets drive by the bus stop first just tomake sure, with that Peter was walking down the street shaking like aleaf. I went into the school to confirm what the rules are, and heknows know that if we're not there to meet him that he's to tell thebus driver to take him back to school.

Megan

Back