OT: Just a question

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunsforlife

Reaction score
Do you guys think 20 hours of vacation left isworth staying for my last two weeks at my hellish job. My newjob is willing to take me this week. Only problem is I cantget my left over vacation time if I dont stay for the two weeks... So Iam hemming and hawing trying to figure out what to do!

I would take theextra in vaca pay by stayingthe 2 weeks , not only thatit looks better on yourresume plus makes you look morereliable , less likely to flightoff to something new and better .

Except the new job is wanting me this week eventhough they know my last day is the 24th. I keepgetting calls asking me from the new job... and my hellish job is justthat... hellish. Carolyn knows how I have come home cryingfrom that job...

It's really your decision, but you may want tostart the new job. In the next 2 weeks, they could find someone elsethat't able to start now.:?

I am just so torn! I REALLY hate my current job.

I know it would be better for me to work through the two week period...but can my sanity really take it... things have gotten worse at work,and I will be by myself tomorrow. Fridays are ALWAYS thereally crappy days for me...

Oh I am so undecided

Will your current job pay you for your left overvacation hours? Or is that why you need to stay the twoweeks? I think it would depend on how much you need the moneythen. If you can make it without it, get yourself out ofthere.

As long as the rest of your resume is good, leaving early when you already have a new job lined up shouldn't look too bad.

I think I remember you talking about your job- wasn't it with juvie offenders? Those jobs can be really awful!

bunsforlife wrote:
I am just so torn! I REALLY hate my current job.

I know it would be better for me to work through the two week period...but can my sanity really take it... things have gotten worse at work,and I will be by myself tomorrow. Fridays are ALWAYS thereally crappy days for me...

Oh I am so undecided

I guess you either have to be a trooper for the next 2 weeks or start the new job, good luck :?

Yeah its Juvie justice... and since I am one ofthe only staff who actually TRY to keep the boys following the rules,when I am alone with them they really make my life miserable.

But I think something else may have just decided for me...

My husbands grandmother is in the hospital and isnt seeming to be doing very well..

The new job is offering an incentive to join up sooner then the twoweek period... less then the vacation time, but my current job is sostressful (Not to mention an hour away and with gas prices @ 2.40 agallon...) is it really worth it...

The money isnt an issue atm...

If Grandmotheris Ill I would use thatto your advantage , maybe even they willgive you the 20 hrs vaca pay ,getout of that placeand into your new job , asap ! .

Any new job is going to want you rightaway. Whether you go there now or in the next two weeks, theywill survive. I'd tell them that you gave your old place yourWord and you must stick to it. In the end, they'llrespect you more for it.

Will you get the vacation time or will it be paid toyou? Since it'll bea year, mostlikely, before you get any vacation time, I'd take some time off beforeyou start the new job. I'd hate to see you lose the time, butif you're really feeling that its a matter of your mental health, thendo what you have to do. That company has 'beaten you up'enough.

I'dstrongly suggest you take a few days or a week off beforeyou start in the new place though. It'll give you time toenergize yourself. You could also makeanother tripto Tucker Town! :wink:

-Carolyn

That is what I thought Caro... After my HELLISHday today... I am thinking of calling it quits. I would onlybe missing 3 days of pay and lose 2 vacation days. ( I workedtwo doubles last week)

And it would give me 5 days to recoup for the next job. Itechnically dont start until August 1st, but they want to get all thetraining done with. The Residential opens August 1st and theywant all the staff trained.

You worked two doubles last week, you'restarting a job on August 1st, you made the trip up here lastweekend...you've been busy.

In my opinion, if I were you, I'd take the time off. It's the middle ofsummer, you're not going to get another vacation for a while, you wantto be ready to start the new job rather than tired and burn-out, andafter these people have treated you in this past year with the way theywere about your accident and so on, I wouldn't lose sleep over walkingout the door.

If you know someone at the job that can give you a written letter ofreference, then ask for one. If not, I'd just cut bait and get out.

Some things are more important than money (like time off to do with asyou wish) and if you can swing it, then do it. I'd say don't take theother job earlier than you have to. All new jobs want you 'yesterday'.They've waited this long, they've got a good employee, and they'll waitanother week.

I'd take a mental health vacation...relax and unwind from the mentaltorture this last company put through, and get psyched and ready tostart another chapter. You're worth it and you deserve it.

(Of course you realize, you have my full support no matter what you decide. We all back you.)

-Carolyn

P.S. Normally I'd say stay at the job for the remainder of the timebecause you don't want to burn bridges. However, in this case, theyburned that bridge a long time ago.

I honestly dont need references from them, have plenty from my volunteer experiences.

Even the HR lady wasnt suprised I gave my two weeks, she knew thatafter the restraint I did where I was tapped out because of my sex, Ilost all authority with the boys. THat and my co-workersunable to follow the rules and regs.

I think I may go in tonight but after that, I am done. Take my week off to sit at home and relax.

I am tired of getting walked over.

Besides.. I bought the HP book... Grams is still in the Hospital... and I didnt get to see Willy Wonka yet.

Oh... and I gotta build Guin a new cage... her litter box habits havegone to heck and I am tired of scrubbing the carpets. Dumbbunny...

bunsforlife wrote:
I think I may go in tonight but after that, I amdone. Take my week off to sit at home andrelax.

:yes:

Good move. Did you end up doing it?

-Carolyn

Yeah, I took off for 5 days. Startwork Thursday providing my new job gets back and tells me where I needto report for training.

Got a nasty call from my ex supervisor which just told me I did theright thing. So I have been catching up on my laundry andtrying to get my athsma under control again... never knew Stress couldmake the body go THAT haywire... havent had a full night of sleepinmonths, always waking up with coughing fits or bronchospasms...

But I did get to finish Harry Potter. Dumb book :mad:

Anyway... I guess Shawn's best friend is coming over tonight... so Iwont be able to be on the computer at all tonight :bigtears:

They get together and play computer games >.<

What the heck am *I* supposed to do...

Good for you!!!

I hesitated to offer advice until now because I would have told the jerk where to go and then walked out!!!

Congrats and good luck!!!

Are you two going to be able to make it to Carolyn's on Aug 20th??

Pretty much what I did after once again dealing with bullshit and being told 'Well thats what you signed up for'

Bah humbug and good riddance.

Hoping to, have to see what the policy is for that on Thursday, hopefully it wont be much of a problem.

Thanks for all the support and advice =)

bunsforlife wrote:
Yeah, I took off for 5 days. Start work Thursdayproviding my new job gets back and tells me where I need to report fortraining.

EXCELLENT!!!! :highfive:

Hope you're enjoying time with the buns!

-Carolyn

Sooooooooooooooo Caro... whatcha doin this weekend ;)

I have training Thurs and Friday, then Monday and Tuesday

So another weekend off Wahoo!

Finally got word from the new job =) soooooo I might be up to a road trip to Tucker Town ;)

Back