OT: Energy Bills

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dootsmom wrote:
Do your part, don't just complain about these things that we can....
if we take the initiative....control.
You are SO right! My husband and I have plans of getting off the gridwithin the next few years. We have picked out solar and hydro equipmentand will move next to a stream somewhere in the hills.

The only problem about taking the initiative to control, is that (atleast in this city) utilities are required.If we were todrill a well (which we can't get a permitforanyways)and if we were to unhook our house fromthe power grid and generate our own power, or the unheard-ofgo-withoutidea, our house would be condemned and the citywould throw us out. Isn't that sick? Garbage service is mandatory, butrecycling is optional? Strange, isn't it? Oh, they don't care if weactually PUT our garbage out, they just made the BILL mandatory.Complaining only gets you so much, but with city code compliance, forsome people it is all they have until they leave.

Oh, you got me started. I need to live in the country where people areleft with the perogative to make some decisions for themselves.

LOL!!!! That "Bill" is definatelymandatory!!! If we ever get a big enough piece ofproperty....and the money.....I would like to put in one of thoseunderground systems that uses the earths temperature to heat &cool the house. They are expensive to install but, pay forthemselves within a very short period of time. A cisternwould be nice, too!! Bamboo flooring....so many things areenvironmentally friendly that aren't being utilized to its fullextent! I could go on & on, too!!! :tantrum:

P.S. Congrats on your "new position".

:foreheadsmack: How the heck did this post become sooooooooo wide?!

Latest posts

Back