Oswald, the time has come . . .

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aeposten

Reaction score
My little man is all grown up, on September 19thOswald will have his neuter. I think it was about time. The other dayOswald got quite friendly with my boyfriend's leg :embarrassed: Myboyfriend was amused. Oswald was in love. I, however, was horrifired.

I am worried, but I know that this is what is best for him. My vet hasbeen described as the best rabbit vet in the area. I'm sure she will doan excellent job. Another good sign was when I was talking to thereceptionist she told me to make sure that I DO NOT fast Oswald beforethe surgery. This pleased me to no end.

-Amy

Thats great about your vet! :happydance

Dont worry too much..Ive had three done successfully. Boys tend tobounce back fairly quickly..Tumnus was ready to play the day he camehome (I had to deny him though, and keep him caged for some down time).

Its hard not to feel bad though, taking away their manhood, ya know?!

Oh well, its one step on the road to his friendship with Sir Alfred..and he has a very caring mommy to watch after him.

Kisses for Oswald..tell him I said to enjoy it while he can! :kiss:

Oh, and if the "interest" in your bf's leg was the worst of it,consider yourself lucky...You've never known true horror until yourenamored unaltered bunny gives you a spray in the face.:nope

I'm sure oswald will be fine :)Schumihad his op on wednesday and was totally ok once we got himhome. the nurses at the vets said he started thumping as soonas he came round from the anethsetic, but he was in a strange place andhe isn't used to being locked up in a cage. We've kept himinside for a few days and he is happily controlling the living roomnow. He is only 4.5 months and I wouldn't normaly have puthim through it at that age but he can't go back in with Roxy until itsdone. As it is we still have a 4 week wait before we canre-introduce them. Give him lots of love and he'll be fine:):bunnydance:

How lucky you are that you have a good vet inthe area. I'm sure he'll come out of it just fine, especiallyconsidering they actually told you not to fast him. That's a greatsign. Here's to Oswald's neuter! :bestwishes

Out of curiosity, how much does you vet chargefor a neuter? I just called mine about it the other day (becauseButterscotch wants to marry my foot), and they said it would be $115!Yipe! Is that a normal price, or is it just one of the downfalls ofliving in one of the most expensive places in the country?

Greta :? and the Bun Boyz :brownbunny:brownbunny

Regular vets in my area charge $70 for a neuter,but the two who specialize in rabbits only charge $50. Then again, Ilive in a rural community in Michigan, not California! That price isprobably the lowest you'll find around there...

Latest posts

Back