Organic Floor Cleaner

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MsBunBun

Reaction score
Hello everyone :biggrin:

I just wanted some advice & tips on how to make an organic non-toxic floor cleaner, since my bunny (who is 2 and a half months old) tends to lick the floor sometimes. Lately Ive only been using warm water on a rag to clean my floor (its a hardwood floor), but I dont think it's good enough... especially not enough to kill germs.

Help would be much appreciated.

Yes, a steam mop would be the best. I also use vinegar, especially on bunny pee spots, and I have heard it is an old-fashioned way to clean wood floors as well. You could wash the whole floor with a vinegar solution, then go back over it with a clean water solution. Most of the "pet-safe" cleaners you see use alcohol as a sanitizer. You could use that for disinfecting as well because it would kill germs and evaporate before he could lick it. A diluted rubbing alcohol would work. As far as getting up dirt, that's harder to do with these milder cleaners!

There is a pet stain resolve that can be used around rabbits, it has a pic of a cat and dog. Just let it dry real good before letting your bun on the carpet.

You can also use bleach but make sure you dilute it, 1 part bleach to 10 parts water (1 cup bleach to 10 cups water).

Latest posts

Back