Oreos Eye Refuses To Cooperate

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OreoTheBunny

Reaction score
Hello guys. Long time no talk to. As you may know, Oreo has been having problems with his eyes for a few months now. We get an antibiotic whenever we go to the vet. His eye will be totally healed for about 2 weeks and then we have to go get more antibiotic for him because his eye gets gunky or runny. This has happened 3 times now, and things have taken a turn for the worst. I noticed his eye was beginning to gunk up around Thursday last week. We were going to take him to the vet as soon as we got back from visiting family in Kansas City. The next morning (when we were leaving to get on the train) I noticed that Oreo's eye was worse than Ive ever seen it. His eyelids were swollen and making his eye almost shut completely. there was gunk practically sticking his right eye together. I was bewildered. It wasn't like this on Thusday and it popped up Friday night. As we were leaving we told out bunny sitter (who is Oreos last owner, she lives down the street so thats very convenient) to please take him to the vet ASAP. We got back from our trip last night and she said she would bring him down the next morning. She just brought him down and I did not expect this: how eye wasn't swollen anymore, but his eye is a very milky white! Im so scared and Im wondering if he is blind in that eye. Any explanation of all of this would be appreciated. Thanks!

Can you tell us what tests they did do at the vets?
Eye pressure? Tear production? anything else?
Can you provide a picture?
Have you tried anything for allergies? Change hay/food/bedding, etc.
Sorry haven't seen your other topics so dont know where diagnostics stand.
Was your bunny sitter able to take him to the vets?

Yes the bunny sitter did take Oreo to the vet. As far as I know they did take his temp. I don't know what else. They just gave her an antibiotic to give him like always. The swelling has gone away but left yellow crust lining his eye. I don't know how I should get it off because he hates me touching it. I tried a warm washcloth but that doesn't seem to help. :(

Latest posts

Back