Oreo went Comatose!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ilovetoeatchocolate

Reaction score
So last night Miley and Oreo were on the couch getting their regular hour of bunny love time. This is a time during the evening where we take the rabbits to the couch, plop them down for extra pets, cuddles (without lifting them up), grooming and kisses. We sit on the floor while they are on the couch and we do all this. They love it! Well I went to spend some time with Buddy while hubby stayed with the other two. I had pet Miley and Oreo for a while and instructed hubby to do the same. I was on the floor petting and talking to Buddy when Scott said "Shannon, just come here and look at this for sec." I got up and looked. Then Scott took Oreo and carefully turned him over on his back. He did it with Oreo's butt still on the couch and turned him over. I was stunned that Oreo our hyper little bunny would let us do that! Usually he struggles so much while getting picked up, he really hates it.

So I am like in my head okay hubby you got him on his back but he is going to move and jump right away! But no Oreo stayed there comatose! He had this glazed over look on his face and kissed Scott's hand while Scott was holding him. We waited and waited and waited to see if he would freak out. Oreo did not! I was amazed! So hubby after a few minutes of keeping him there put him back and continued petting him. Both Scott and Oreo acted like nothing had ever happened!

LOL! I just thought I would tell this funny story to you guys as I thought it was great.

Shannon

Sounds like you "tranced" him. When bunnies are on their backs, they kinda fall asleep. It works wonders for giving medicine or cutting nails!

oh, I guess I didn't read that part correctly! Maybe he was so relaxed by the petting that he kind of fell asleep!

I don't know why bunnies trance, and not all of them do it. Tony trances easily, Muffin not as well, and Benjamin doesn't trance at all. You just gently put your bunny on his back, either in the crook of your arm or on your lap, with their head slightly lower than their feet. It's easiest for me to sit on my feet with my knees in front of me and just use my already sloped lap to prop them on. You then gently pet their nose and/or cheeks, and they kind of zone out. When I didn't have help cutting nails it was a way I could do it on my own. It's also really good for cleaning scent glands.

Latest posts

Back