Order Up!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JjGoesBounce

Reaction score
Hi again! It's Jj

What does your bun (or buns) get on their salad if they get salad? Pembrooke gets the "Spring Mix" with a bit of fresh orange juice covering it and the occasional oats. Oh and some fresh organic parsley!

I know some people put on way more toppings then I do so... what do you put on your bunnies salad?

Just curious..

Nom Nom Nom

15899_211151_430000002.jpg

Jj and Pembrooke!:big wink:

They get romaine lettuce every night, along with 2 or 3 others on rotation, parsley, mint, kale, collard greens, and chicory. I usually top it with a few shreds of carrots (I buy a large bag of shredded carrots, it goes further :D)

I do a mix of greens, an herb, and a vegetable. The specifics all depend on what looks good at the store that week. I make sure they don't eat the same thing two weeks in a row. I have started to grow hydroponic flowers that I can give them as a garnish :)

I often buy myself a container of baby spring or baby romaine salad and was thinking to start sharing with Ellie once she's old enough.

Hoping to get some seeds and start some herbs this spring :)

My buns get mixed lettuces or packaged baby lettuce mixes. I have thyme and lavender in the garden. Radishes and zinnias growing in the window. And just picked up a thyme plant, oregano plant, parsley seeds, basil seeds, and cilantro seeds to add to the window garden. They also get pumpkin in the rotation too. :biggrin:

Oh and pansies in the flower beds for flower treats!

Fraggles gets the romane and herb spring mix usually with collard greens or bok choy. She also has brussel sprouts a couple times a week and mint,radish tops,beet tops,cilantro,parsley and chard..... SPOILED BUNNIES!

Rocky orders bok choy straight up. Occasional he will mix it up with some parsley, celery tops, and some baby leaf salad mix.

For dessert it's mum's plants with a topping of strawberry leaves lol naughty boy

Mine get either romaine or leaf lettuce with a side of cilantro or curly parsley and of course dessert consists of a slice of apple or banana or an occasional grape.

Mine get either romaine or leaf lettuce with a side of cilantro or curly parsley and of course dessert consists of a slice of apple or banana or an occasional grape.

Ours get romaine, parsley or cilantro, baby spinach or kale, chiccory or sping mix on a daily basis. They occ. eat collard greens, bok choy or chard, sweet peppers, not their faves. They also get herbs like sage, basil, mint and dill tossed in too to change it up. The get shredded or baby carrots occassionally as well as a berry, grape, piece of apple or banana.

I made special salads for Christmas dinner.

Lots of dandilion greens and cilantro, topped with carrot slivers, cut baby tomatoes, strawberries, banana slices, crazins, and a drizzel of yam flavored baby food.

This is more fruit by far than they normally get, but Christmas only comes once a year. All of our zoo had special dinners and gifts :biggrin2:

MiniLopHop wrote:
I made special salads for Christmas dinner.

Lots of dandilion greens and cilantro, topped with carrot slivers, cut baby tomatoes, strawberries, banana slices, crazins, and a drizzel of yam flavored baby food.

This is more fruit by far than they normally get, but Christmas only comes once a year. All of our zoo had special dinners and gifts :biggrin2:
Pembrooke did too! Except for Christmas morning! She got spring mix with orange juice,romaine leaves,baby romaine leaves, oats,diced apple slice and a wincy little bit of diced banana slice.!

She got super exited and afterwards did a flop!

Jj

Latest posts

Back