Orange Peels

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BSAR

Reaction score
I was just wondering if orange peels were okay to feed your bunny. I haven't fed my buns them but was just curious as to if they were ok for them to snack on along with the orange itself. Thanks for any advice!!!:biggrin2:

I do feed myrabbits the peels, but not all of them like it. Some go nuts for the orange skins, some don't. I wash the oranges, slice them up, skin and all, make sure there are no pits, and give it to them. (Whatever they don't eat gets cleaned up.) :vacuum: Just a note: I have a few (Mini Rex) thathave reddish urineafter eatting orange skins. Not a problem, it fades away after a day or so...

Citrus fruit peels are on most 'do not feed' lists in the Library, although I'm not sure why.

I'd be very cautious. It could be something like iceberg lettuce and apple seeds which are considered big no nos, but really only when in excess.

sas

I think this is from the Carrot Cafe list... (OurLibrary is a bit of a mess, sorry!)

Dangerous, contain toxins: do not feed

• Rhubarb leaves
  • Raw lima, kidney or soy beans
  • Onions [suP]2[/suP]
  • Citrus peels

Once in a while Hannah gives Roxie little pieces orange peels and she loves them! If you are going to feed these though, I would give tiny amounts or just don't give any at all.

EDIT: Just look on the House Rabbit Society site and saw that oranges and the orange peels are safe.

http://www.rabbit.org/care/fruits.html

Megan

Latest posts

Back