Oooh yay! *note the sarcasm*

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luv-bunniz

Reaction score
A pigeon.
Earlier this year the owl picked up hedge pig from the aviary, I brought it in put some F10 on the puncture marks, fed it up (it was a tiny bit on the thin side) and as it was female and around breeding season I released her that night (I would have preferred to keep her another night or two just to make sure she was ok, but she wasn't showing any mobility or digestive problems so the fact she could have had hoglets somewhere over ruled that).
Then we found a mole. Don't ask. Took him to the woods/ponds and let him go.
Then she grabbed hold of a male wild barn owl through the mesh (our female probably enticed him into the garden :X ), I went out, got him out of her feet and shooed her away, checked him over and he only had a nick on his legs where the talons got him, so I put some F10 on it and set him free.
Now, me and my brother set off on a bike ride this morning, our plans shortly crashed down...we went up one road we frequent and saw a pigeon on the road, from the back it looked dead, and judging by the speed the car that just went across that road that it was on, it was dead. Just as we got passed it it stood up and started flapping about trying to fly..no such look. He managed to "hover" to the closest garden but that was it. So I phone my mum and asked if it was ok for us to bring him home as he also looked injured. Yes. So we picked him up, my (poor) brother brought both the bikes back bless him whilst I carried the pigeon (I had to keep both hands holding his wings as he was getting stressed and I didnt want him to break them), we got him back and put him in a pet carrier, I went back out an hour later and he had hay wrapped around one foot, so I got him out, cut that off, crop fed him some pedialyte and cleaned up the wound on the back of his head, put some F10 barrier cream on it (Thank god for F10 :blushan:) and left him for another hour, gave him a feed with the suggested mix and left him, gave him another feed an hour later which he took even better and its about time to go give him another feed so. Theres my day. :X lol.
I am seriously thinking about starting up a wildlife rescue. :rollseyes

Thank you for caring enough to help these poor animals. It takes someone special to do that.

Like Bo B Bunny said ~ the animals are going to start a wildlife rescuefor you~

God must be sending them your way for a reason ;)- because He knows that you will help them.

Bo B Bunny wrote:
Luv-bunniz wrote:
I am seriously thinking about starting up a wildlife rescue. :rollseyes
I think the animals have decided to start one for you! :shock:
Lmao, I think so. :biggrin2:
He's starting to look better, and has been darting around the aviary today. I am thinking about giving him a good feed tomorrow and then take him out late morning (I was gonna take him out in the evening, but decided not to incase idiot kids comeing out of school decided to use him as a football if he didnt fly away quickly) and see if he will fly away himself. He has bonded to me and wont fly away from me but we put him on the garden and he went to fly straight away from anybody else so I think he will be ok!
Thanks guys :)

Back