Oooh, naughty girls!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hollie

Reaction score
Lupin and Juniper have become partners in crime.Poor little Willow is such a sweet, innocent bun, while the other twoare just sooo naughty!

I've still not installed a baby gate to block off the living room fromthe hallway where the babies live. Instead, I've been using a singlemattress on its side, so it's about a meter (maybe more) high. I usedto have a coffee table on the bunny side of it supporting it, andDandelion never tried to jump out. While I was sitting in the livingroom wrapping presents, I looked up and there was Juniper sat on thetop of the mattress! I picked her up and put her down, andshe didn't go back up.

I woke up the other morning, and Lupin was missing. I found her in theliving room, under the couch. After chasing her around for 40 minutes,I finally managed to catch her and put her back.

Last night when I got home at about 2am, I was greeted by Junipersitting on my sofa! I've got suede sofas, so I really don't want themon the ones that don't have covers on! Lupin, too, was out, and underthe couch. I don't know what Juniper had been doing but her face iscompletely black! She's really, really mucky!

I can't seem to keep them in >.< The living room is not agood place for them to be; there are cables for the TV and surroundsound system, yesterday they managed to knock and glass and a vase offa table (the latter smashed, too! Thank goodness they weren't hurt!!),I have Sculpey in the room (which had teeth marks in it!), and there'sgoodness knows what else, but it is NOT a bunny safe environment! Theonly problem is that I can't get a gate made for about a week at least,because the country's on holiday from now until the 6th (Eid and NewYear and something else; if a public holiday like Eid falls on aweekend, then the Government declare a holiday for the next one-twodays of the working week), and I didn't get a chance to cash mypaycheck >.<

The mattress is now on the other side of the entrance, where it doesn'thave anything near it that the buns can jump onto to get on top of it,yet they're still managing to get out somehow! I've checked it allover, and there's no way they can do it unless they're jumping straightup onto the top of it, in which case, I won't be able to keep them ineven /with/ a baby gate!

Argh! Anyone got any advice? (Other than installing a door! Do youthink if I put a baby gate and a bead curtain it might stop them?

Hi Hollie!

The baby gate will probably work on its own.
You might have to get a tall gate.Once you remove the mattress, they won't have that to jump up on.
I don't think they'll try jumping clear over the gate to land on the floor on the other side

Our Binkie can clear 3 feet without to much effort. Last night she evenfigured out how to knock out the loose NIC grid ( my fault)onthe top of her cage. She jumps from her cage on the floor to the tablethat some of the other cages are on.
I found her this morning running around the bunnie room harassing the other buns.

JimD don't be to sure about them jumping overthe baby gates. Our Wilbur has done it more than once, sowhat we did was buy a second gate and put it on top of the lowerone. It's worked so far. "Touch Wood" (Susantouches her head). LOL

Susan

(Y) [/b]

(^ ; ^)[/b]

[/b](“) (“)[/b]

Do you have a tall piece of cardboard?

I do like the idea of a baby gate and bead curtain. The bead curtain will give the illusion that they can't go through.

Or maybea sheet that you can pin to the walls?

Good luck!

Argh, Lupin and Juniper have me at my wit's end!:p Juniper's not so bad as she's generally quite easy to catch, butthis morning when I woke up and found them both out, I had a nastysurprise - when they moved, there was a big patch of blood on thefloor!

I caught Juni and she's managed to cut her foot somehow :( I have noidea what on - I was already two hours late for work so I didn't havetime to look properly. I got her all cleaned up and it turned out to benot as big a cut as it initially looked (she had blood on her tummy andit seemed like loads on my hands, but after I applied pressure andwashed it the bleeding stopped). She's now locked in my bedroom for thetime being.

Lupin, on the other hand, got away with no cuts or anything (thankgoodness!), but I couldn't leave her in the hallway in case she escapedand cut herself as well, so I've ended up putting her in the hutch inthe girls' room - I'm going to have to try and bond them so that shecan live in there, cos I just can't trust her - she jumps clear overthe mattress and is going to do herself some serious damage if I'm notcareful :(

Back