Ontarians

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3Bears

Reaction score
Hello... I was just wondering for those of you in Ontario where do you buy your hay and what brand do you buy.

I have purchased from Oxford Meadows Hay company in the past, but dueto a farmer's dispute, they have been sold out for months. Iony have one box left of their hay.

I have also purchased Oxbow Hay in Michigan and just drove it acrossthe border, but technically that's a no no. It only costs $42USD for a 50 lb box, but if I were going to order it "properly" fromcanada it would cost me about $100 CDN to get a 50 lb box and have itshipped to windsor.

Any suggestions?? (darn the shipping costs, and the fact that no localfarmers grow exclusively Timmothy hay... their hays all have alfalfa init)

Thanks!

Sandra

We get our rabbit food and hay at Pet Valu. Thefood is the Pet Valu brand, but it's got the crude protein and fiberneeded. The hay is Benko, which is the only hay our rabbits will eatand we've only seen at Pet Valu.

We did go to a place here in Ottawa called Ritchies Garden Supply forsome Oxbow, but could only buy it in the huge bale, which we didn'tthink would stay fresh enough long enough for only three rabbits. I amnot sure if they are in your area or not.

I'm think Pet Valu is everywhere. I lived in Georgetown last summer and that store was there. And Georgetown is SMALL!

I buy those 90oz bags of Timmy hay from PetSmart. I would like to buy larger quantities but the problem that Ihave is that I do have alot of storage space.

I go to my local small pet store and get them toorder Oxbow Timothy hay for me. It's good quality and there's a fewdifferent sizes. Ususally small independantly owned pet stores willorder for you if you ask.

Shuu wrote:
I goto my local small pet store and get them to order Oxbow Timothy hay forme. It's good quality and there's a few different sizes. Ususally smallindependantly owned pet stores will order for you if you ask.
Oh good idea Shuu, I never thought of that...

Latest posts

Back