Online Hay

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flashy

Reaction score
Does anyone in the UK know of any places where I could order online cheap hay?

After the recent fiasco here I an struggling to find decent hay that a, my bunnies will eat, and b, that is cheap enough to feed 14 bunnies.

Help me *whines*

Hi Tracy :wave:

These are all the places i use:

www.pamperedpiggies.co.uk

www.thehayexperts.com - the alfalfa king hay on here is brilliant and lasts ages! I've had the oat, wheat and barley hay for over a month now!

Otherwise - try www.dustfreehay.co.uk This hay is fantastic and comes in a large bale and is really green and stalky. Thay also do timothy hay as well which is fab

xx

Hey Sarah,

Thanks for the links, they have loads of stuff on there :)

Unfortunately, it's all too expensive :(

We were getting through a 4 ft by 2 ft by 1.5 ft bale every week. that was £5.50 and my buns loved the hay. As much as I don't want to, unless I can find something else just as good, I might have to start getting it again though.

Thanks for the links :) Even though I can't use them for this, I'll save them for other things and I'm sure someone else will find them useful too :)

Ah ok....sorry about that.

Urm..i cant think of anymore places that sell hay online cheaply as they charge a fortune for postage :?The dust free hay includes the postage which is why i buy it from there but i know what you mean about the other ones.

I have had hay from a local farm shop but mine just wont touch it - fussy beggers! :D

Aaaah, you have both inadvertently solved a problem of mine...thanks!

A while ago we got some really goodtoys and hay mats from a website online, and I wanted to order some more, but for the life of us we couldn't remember the site... it was The Hay Experts!

*runs off to order lots of goodies.... and save site in Bookmarks...*

Thanks guys!!

:bunnydance:

mouse_chalk wrote:
Aaaah, you have both inadvertently solved a problem of mine...thanks!

A while ago we got some really goodtoys and hay mats from a website online, and I wanted to order some more, but for the life of us we couldn't remember the site... it was The Hay Experts!

*runs off to order lots of goodies.... and save site in Bookmarks...*

Thanks guys!!

:bunnydance:

Try pampered piggies - the toys and treats they have on there for bunnies is amazing and everything is sent by courier for £4 flat rate. Sally who owns the site is lovely too and always sends lots of freebies to try out.

She has lots of willow toys on there at the mo and mine go mad for them! :biggrin2:

Flashy wrote:
Don't apologise, and thanks for replying :)

I know what you mean about postage, I'm just getting desperate :(

Do you have any local horse suppliers nearby - or a local petshop? My dust free hay hasnt come so i've just had to go down to the petshop and they had some lovely green hay in

Otherwise if you like i can send you some of my hay for over xmas? :D

We do have pet stores. The main ones (Pets at Home and Seapets) have horrible hay, and the local one has hay, but we spend about £30 a week on hay from there (£3 a bag and we go through about ten or so bags), and the buns don't even really like it so don't really eat it. That's why I need something they like more and also something cheaper. I'm on benefits and £30 out of £75 a week is a lot of money.

Thanks for the offer, that's really sweet, but like I say, we have hay about, but they don't eat it, and the price is not ideal.

I have been contacting local places and most don't sell hay. I'm going to sit down with a yellow pages and call people to see what they say, how much it is, etc, most places just don't sell it in a big enough quantity though.

Flashy wrote:
We do have pet stores. The main ones (Pets at Home and Seapets) have horrible hay, and the local one has hay, but we spend about £30 a week on hay from there (£3 a bag and we go through about ten or so bags), and the buns don't even really like it so don't really eat it. That's why I need something they like more and also something cheaper. I'm on benefits and £30 out of £75 a week is a lot of money.

Thanks for the offer, that's really sweet, but like I say, we have hay about, but they don't eat it, and the price is not ideal.

I have been contacting local places and most don't sell hay. I'm going to sit down with a yellow pages and call people to see what they say, how much it is, etc, most places just don't sell it in a big enough quantity though.

I know how you feel! the alfalfa king hay i buy (which is the only ones mine eat) i get from a pet shop about 25 mins away from where i live and it costs £8.95 a bag - but i only have 2 buns so i guess thats why it lasts a bit longer.

How many buns do you have - if you dont mind me asking? :D

Some of my bunnies guts have gone loopy because they are not eating the hay they have, so I went out, had an adventure and returned with 10 different types of hay. They better like something!

Latest posts

Back