One thing after another: Rest in Peace, Pernod

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm so sorry Jan. I'm just reading this now because of how busy I've been and I've been in tears reading this post. I just can't believe it. She fought so hard with everything that's been going on.

I know nothing I say can make things better but she can binky pain free from now on with Perry once again.

:hug1

Binky free Pernod.

Omg, Jan, no!:tears2: I just keep reading and re-reading this thread. This can't be real, Pernod can't be gone!:bigtears:I can't stop crying...she was so so special.:sad:

Sending a million hugs Jan. You know where I am if you need me.:hug:

Thank you all so much for your kind words. Today has been really horrible - I go for a few minutes when I'm OK, then I break up again. I can't believe she's gone!

Our first visit to the vet yesterday,(yes, Fuzzy, that was us - sorry I didn't get to meet you) I mentioned about the penicillin injections, and was one a week enough. The vet said that Pernod was so ill, that they would give one every other day ( she showed me how to do it at home). She also gave Metacam for pain. She put an orange dye in Pernod's eye, which turned green showing an ulcer on her eye, so we were given different eye drops and cream to put on every few hours. She said that Pernod really needed to eat (she hadn't eaten since the night before), but because her face was so sore and swollen that syringing was going to be really hard. Pernod's lip on her left (swollen side), was black with bruising from the infection.

Stan came to see us at the vet, and as Pernod was getting sub q fluids and they were preaparing her treatment, we went for a coffee. Poor Stan, I must have talked his ears off, I was so nervous, but Thank God for him :hug:.

When I picked Pernod up, she was biting her tail. The vet couldn't see anything,nor could I when I got her home. I tried her with her favourite treats including strawberry, oats and others all mashedup, but she wouldn't take it, nor would she take any water. Instead, she pee'd on the floor in different places, something she has NEVER done. Then she tried to hide behind the toilet, and she never goes into the bathroom.

I popped out to the shops, and when I came back, she had nearly chewed her tail off - it was through to the bone, no fur on it and bleeding. She was resting her head on the water bowl and whimpering. Then her sides started convulsing. I can't tell you how panicked I was. I rang the vet straight back, and even though they were closing, she said she'd wait for us. John came home and we went together.

She was so bad when we got there. Her sides were convulsing more, she was still whimpering and still trying to bite her tail. Her other eye had also started to swell, and I knew in my heart that the fiesty little girl I loved so much was no longer there. It was the hardest thing to do, but I couldn't put her through any more. John and I were both with her, and told her how much we loved her, and how everyone here was thinking of her, then we let her go to The Bridge to be with Perry and Buck.

I already miss her more than words can say. I have a huge hole in my heart and the pain is consuming me. I want to scream and yell, I want to hold her and bury my face in her fur. She (and Shadow) have been a lifeline to me since we got to Canada, and i don't know how I'm going to cope without her. I will write a tribute to her in the rainbow bridge post, when i feel more up to it - at the moment I don't think I could do her justice.

Sorry for rambling so much.

I miss you Pernie Poo. Thank you for 5 1/2 wonderful years. Go Binky with Perry and Fudge. I love you all.

Jan

ps - I noticed that people here always called her Per nod, and pronounce the 'd'. It is actually Perno (silent 'd'), and is an alcholic drink - an aniseed spirit like Ouzo - but they don't have it in Canada (and perhaps not in the States either). It was an appropriate name, as it's strong stuff and packs a punch!

Jan..reading that about Pernod absolutely made me cry...i have tears running down my face....poor Pernod....i just cannot believe that she has gone...she was such a sweet little girl....Perry is going to take such good care of her now.

You know..i never knew that about her name before until just now...how very appropiate.

Your in my deepest thought's

Cheryl

I am so sorry Jan... what a terrible loss. You and Shadow are in my thoughts and prayers. :hug: I hope your memories of her give you some small comfort.

Binky free Pernod... :rainbow:

LuvaBun wrote:
Thank you all so much for your kind words. Today has been really horrible - I go for a few minutes when I'm OK, then I break up again. I can't believe she's gone!

and .....

I already miss her more than words can say. I have a huge hole in my heart and the pain is consuming me. I want to scream and yell, I want to hold her and bury my face in her fur. She (and Shadow) have been a lifeline to me since we got to Canada, and i don't know how I'm going to cope without her. I will write a tribute to her in the rainbow bridge post, when i feel more up to it - at the moment I don't think I could do her justice.
Jan - what you are feeling is so normal for what you've gone through. I can't begin to imagine your pain - you had her so long (compared to how long I had Tiny). I know its going to be VERY VERY hard for you to not only deal with the remainder of the move (getting adjusted, etc) - but this loss also.

Please know that we are here for you. Feel free to come in and scream and cry - let us know when you're having a good day - and when you're having a bad day. We understand.

Its been months since I've lost Tiny- but I broke down in the store the other day and wept over missing him (and some other things). I thought I was "ok" by now (I am usually doing ok).

All I can say is you WILL make it through this. We will help you through it.

She took a part of you with her -and I understand that emptiness and loss. She took a part of the forum with her too - for we all knew her and loved her.

I wish I could be there just to give you a hug.

You're in my thoughts and prayers.

Thank you for updating us, and sending me Pm's while you could. Pernod has impacted us all, and you have inspired us with your love for Pernod.

I can't believe she is gone too, after seeing her earlier that day. To hear what happened when you returned home from thefirst visit from the Vet, it must of been a terrible time. Thank goodness for Dr King to stay behind and wait for you after the clinic was closed. Again I want to say how sad and sorry I am. It is a sad day on the forum.

Too bad we missed Fuzzy. It would of being nice to meet another member of the board. Hope Bunny is fine.

Yes I made mistakes calling Pernod (Per nod). Even afteryou explained the alcoholic drink Pernod is named after, I noticed the doctors and staff saying Per nod too. I have tried Ouzo when I was in Greece, but I never had the pleasure of tasting Pernod. But I am sure, just like our Pernod, the taste of Pernod will never be forgotten once you had it.
Binky free little Pernod, no more pain. :bunnyangel2:

Stan :hug:

Reading this post literally gave me chills. :( Everyone in the house is wondering why I'm crying. I am so sorry, Jan! You are one of my favorite members of the board, and I'm so sad about this loss. :( I hope Pernod made it safely across the rainbow bridge to be with Perry and Fudge. May you be at peace, as well, knowing you did everything you could. Give Shadow lots of extra loves!!!

Minda

Oh Jan, Im just seeing this and I can barely read the whole thread through my tears. Pernod has always been one of my favorite bunnies here, one who I felt like I "knew" so well through everything you have been through and shared with us on the forum. I just cant believe your beautiful and special girl has gone. I cant imagine how much youre hurting right now.

We're here for you. I hope you know how much she was loved by all of us here- I feel like I lost one of my own today.

Rest in peace sweet girl. I know you and Perry will watch over your mum now. We allloved you both so very much.:bunnyangel:

I'm so terribly sorry for your loss :(

Just reading the description of the pain Pernod was in made me really sad, I can't even imagine what you must be feeling right now... How is Shadow holding up? Did they have a close bond?

Oh Jan, I'm so sorry that you and Pernod had to go through all that. It's just heartbreaking.:tears2:

Pernod knew how much you loved her and you gave her the best life a rabbit could have. She wassuch a special girl and wewill always remember her and keep her in our hearts.

Sending you all my love and support Jan, we're all here for you.:hug::pink iris:

Oh Jan,

I am so sorry to hear this terrible news. She was so loved by you and she loved you so much, I can't imagine what you are going through at this time.

I sent a message to my Mom at the Rainbow Bridge asking her to meet Pernod at the gates and to take good care of her until we all meet again.

Hugs to you.

Susan:bunnyangel2:

On no I only just found out that you lost Pernod Jan. :tears2::tears2::tears2: I am so sorry. :hug: Binky free with Perry, sweet Pernod. :rainbow: Be strong, Jan and Shadow. :big kiss:

Back