One shelter rabbit goes to Petco tomorrow!!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have worked for months on a Petco program thatreplaces bunnies (for sale) with homeless shelter bunnies(For adoption) The rabbits are given far more exposure in a pet storeand are more likely to find homes. Tomorrow our first bunny , Buck,will go to live at our Petco store. I am extremely happy about this ashe has been at the shelter since last August.Ironically he has the samename as someone who I know is much respected and revered on thissite....Buck Jones. I hope this will bring him thehome thathe deserves!!!

It's a great idea to put rescue bunnies in petshops to find their forever homes. I hope the staff are wellbriefed aswell to advise customers about how special Buck is and how hehas been let down in the past and needs some very specialcare! But I'm sure you will have covered that with them.

Well done you!

Buck is still at Petco awaitingadoption. I went with Maureen to drop him off the Mondaybefore last. He really likes it there. I hope hegets adopted soon. :)

I hope so too. It infuriates me to seebred animals in pet stores when there are so many homeless animals inthe humane societies.

thats a really good idea! ourpetstores only bring in dogs and cats from shelters...right now theyhave some from hurricane katrina... the only bunnies you ever see areones form breeders... if our petstore had bunnies theres no telling howmany i would have right now!

good luck Buck! hope you get adopted soon!

Bre & Peapoo

Lissa wrote:
Ihope so too. It infuriates me to see bred animals in petstores when there are so many homeless animals in the humanesocieties.
That's how we ended up with Chippy from PetGoods.9 months old and she had already had two litters in the store.

~Jim

:DI just found out today that Buck(renamed George) has the privilege of sleeping with his new owner eachnight. This is a true success story..not only did Buck find a goodhome... Buck found a GREAT home. He has the run of thehouse.!!!!

Latest posts

Back