One in a million - Sleep in peace Luna

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saffy

Reaction score
9 Ladies Stone Circle - Derbyshire, , United King
My sweet little Netherland Dwarf, Luna, died in my arms on 2nd May at 2.40pm. She was 8 years old and had suffered badly with E. Cuniculi when she was 3 - the vet had wanted her PTS, but my daughter took Luna and Ben into her bedroom and care for Luna 24/7 - even teaching her to walk again and massaging her back legs to ensure they kept a little tone.

I had to make that hardest - but kindest decision ... and Rufus, her bonded bunny, is lost without her.

He was overweight to start with as he loves his food, but is just nibbling now - but at least he is eating.

When Luna became ill a few weeks ago, she was unable to get to the upstairs of their cage and so Rufus decided to stay with her downstairs ... he was devoted to her.

Unfortunately, because I am disabled and my husband has had to take over cleaning out, we have decided no more rabbits.

Just giving Rufus as much attention as we can ... and will be keeping an eye on him regarding eating etc.

My beloved Luna - you touched our hearts and have left imprints that will never go away.

Latest posts

Back