One eye closed , LOST OBE BEFORE

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fanny

Reaction score
We bought three bunnies one of them died suddenly 2 days back his one eye was closed and the ear of the same side was a little down we monitored him closely all his food and poop was right and his eye got better after 3 4 days both his eyes opened after that suddenly we found him dead in the cage yesterday..
From the other two one is being slow refusing to eat and is lethargic we are force feeding him
The other one got the same eye issue one eye is closed i cudntt see any swelling or anything wateryy its just closed he opens it occasionally i dont know what to do he is been eating properly but still m concerned abt him

hmm since you recently bought them, I'd suggest to have the other two checked by an exotic vet. Usually animals being sold would have health issues or inborn problems :( Its probably why the other died so young. I usually suggest a necropsy for these but I'm not sure if vets can do this for young animals :(

But please do have the other two checked by the vet, they might have what killed the other bunny :(

I see that you're from india, if you need help looking for a rabbit-savvy vet, you can message NomNom India in facebook :) they have instagram also if that works for you :)

If you could post a picture, that would be helpful. One of the eye closed, and if you can get one when his eye is open as well.

My rabbit has been not opening his one eye and when i opened it to seee i saw this can anyone tell me whatvis this a sign of asap

Attachments

• IMG-20210804-WA0018.jpg
    IMG-20210804-WA0018.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG-20210804-WA0017.jpg
    IMG-20210804-WA0017.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 5
  • 20210804_115039.jpg
    20210804_115039.jpg
    276.1 KB · Views: 5
If that's white clouding on the surface of the eye(cornea), then your rabbit probably has a corneal ulcer. So you'll need to find a vet that's experienced in treating rabbits and have your rabbit checked. Your rabbit will need the appropriate antibiotic eye drop(gentamycin, ciprofloxacin, neo/poly, etc) and the anti inflammatory pain medication meloxicam.

Medirabbit: corneal ulcer

Latest posts

Back