One big dead baby. What should I do??

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

savannahg4

Reaction score
My mini lop doe had a huge dead baby sometime today. It looked a bit like a peanut but it was really big and it looked flat and stretched out in its back end. Is there a name for this?? I'm hoping momma bun doesn't have any others stuck inside. I left the nest box in just in case. Anything I should look out for?? This was day 35 of her pregnancy by the way. Thanks everyone.

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Rabbit Forum mobile app

Also, the baby had ripped skin on its head. I am thing about getting a picture in the morning if anyone wants a picture

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Rabbit Forum mobile app

Picture isn't necessary. Sometimes rabbits have fetal giants, usually the first timers. The skin is ripped because she had to grab it with her teeth to pull it out...it was too big and got stuck. Chances are she won't have similar problems with her next litter.

difficult delivery which stretched out the kit. Rebreed IMMEDIATELY as this is when they are most fertile. Helps to ensure a larger litter size. Means smaller kits ergo an easier delivery.

as to why someone would want to see a picture...pictures help people understand what a long stretched out dead newborn looks like so they can be

1. informed so should it happen with them they know what they are looking at
2. aware so they can help others should be need arise
3. plain curiousity (which still is a learning experience).

as to why someone would want to see a picture...pictures help people understand what a long stretched out dead newborn looks like so they can be

1. informed so should it happen with them they know what they are looking at
2. aware so they can help others should be need arise
3. plain curiousity (which still is a learning experience).

I suspect curiosity since this is mainly a pet forum :D. It's nothing pretty to look at, for sure.

WELL, the first two posts were like, "we don't need to see it"

And then she comes in all I'd like to see it

I was thinking she got her forums crossed and wasn't aware that she'd be seeing something that's NOT for sensitive stomachs LMAO. Could you imagine? I guess she could be genuinely curious too.

I don't really know umm maybe it's not dead maybe it's had a heart attack and can be alive again if you take it to the vet xxxx

Sent from my iPod touch using Rabbit Forum

Latest posts

Back