On vacation and missing my buns :(

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nitis3334

Reaction score
So I'm on vacation, 600 miles away from my boys. My sister called me yesterday to tell me that somehow my cat got into their cage, the second she said that I started thinking the worst. Apparently they made friends though. She said the cat was sitting on the second floor with the boys running around her trying to play. The boys are probably heavier then her now since she is a petite cat. I was always worried because my cat liked to stick her paws in the cage, usually just to steal some hay, but once in a while she would hit the bunny boys, never seemed to have her claws out though. I have to give my cats a bowl of hay every night when I give the bunny boys theirs. So I guess it is nice that they made friends, she was happy to get out though because she couldn't figure her way out :wink

Hi i'm glad to hear your cat gets along with your bunnies.

A cat scratch or bite could be slightly dangerous. I've seen what they did to my friend who has many cats. OUCH!

Do the catsactually eat the hay? When do you get back from our vacation?

Susan:)

Aww! Your kitty just wanted to make friends.

Our cat is small too and Michiko is about twice her size. Michiko likes to chase the cat. Lol!

Glad everything turned out okay.

My cat is 4x the weight of my bun, but they play together. The cat will pat the rabbit and she binkies or zoomies around. The cool thing is when the rabbit is done playing she will go to her house and lay down. The cat could get into the house, but he respects that she is done for now and leaves her alone. They also take turns chasing eachother up and down the halls and will nap together on the bed.

As long as the cat is respectful of the rabbit's limits they can make great play mates. Have fun on vacation :)

My cats are the same way too, PJ will go and jump in to the enclosure to hang out with them and steal some hay too, Layha likes to play the chasing game with them, but the rest are indifferent to them as well

Latest posts

Back