OMG OMG OMG

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He would let me pet him every now and then and come to me and sniff... But I can't pick him up.

I am a little impatient but I know I should tolerate this for my new bun-bun. ; 3 ; I really want to cuddle with him...

Also, this is off topic but, he is leaving poo everywhere. HAHA. Should I tame him first before I try to litter train him?

I will take pictures of him soon!!! <3 I can't wait to show you guys. He has beautiful blue eyes! <3

how old is he? also, is he fixed?

you'll never achieve perfect (or as close as it gets to it) litter box habits with a young, unfixed bunny... but it's never too early to start!

stray poops are everywhere with babies... adult, fixed rabbits generally get most of them in the box but there will still almost always be strays. the key is to get all the pee in the box, since that's what smells and is more difficult to clean up.

Rabbits usually leave pellets where they want to leave their scent. Either because they are marking their territory or just smell anothers and want to cover it with theirs. This is exactly what my frenchie did. At my parents house we have a LOT of animals and the dogs are older so they have accidents on the rug. Well After Franklin was totally litter trained (he never pooped outside his box in his cage or at my apartment) and his neuter he Still left poops on my parents rugs. He would get down and sniff it all the time!

Definitely neutering helps. My franklin was surprisingly really good about going in his box but would still leave stray poos once he got neutered everything was done in the box and he only had stray outside if they were kicked as he ran out of the box. Of course this may be an exception but it really helped him! Like Jennifer said with young buns it might not be perfect but teaching early isnt going to hurt anything

Imbrium wrote:
how old is he? also, is he fixed?

Unfortunately, "fixing" is not an option where I am. No vet I know are savvy about rabbits and I do not want to risk getting him to a vet who doesn't know half of what he does.

My male lionhead is going 5 months old Dec 5 but I only had him for 3 days. Is that considered to be an adult?

woahlookitsme wrote:
Rabbits usually leave pellets where they want to leave their scent. At my parents house we have a LOT of animals and the dogs are older so they have accidents on the rug. Well After Franklin was totally litter trained (he never pooped outside his box in his cage or at my apartment) and his neuter he Still left poops on my parents rugs. He would get down and sniff it all the time!

Definitely neutering helps.

Oh, I have pellets all over my room. I should be happy at least they are dry. ><

We do have some other animals at home too. I hope I can successfully train him somehow. It would save me from a lot of cleaning trouble. ^^

fixing doesn't NEED to happen with boys the way it does with girls (females live an average of half as long if they aren't spayed due to their proclivity for cancers of the reproductive system), but it still helps with litter box habits and puts a stop to obnoxious behaviors like spraying urine (which yours may or may not start to do at some point).

have you checked our library of rabbit-savvy vets to see if you can find one in your area? try these two threads to make sure you haven't overlooked a rabbit-savvy vet in your area - would be good to know if there is one in case he gets sick at some point in his life!
http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=47393&forum_id=9
http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=36134&forum_id=9

5 months old is a "teenager" - not a baby any more, but not quite an adult yet. it's entirely possible that his litter box habits would improve slightly with age even if you aren't able to get him fixed.

Imbrium wrote:
fixing doesn't NEED to happen with boys the way it does with girls (females live an average of half as long if they aren't spayed due to their proclivity for cancers of the reproductive system), but it still helps with litter box habits and puts a stop to obnoxious behaviors like spraying urine (which yours may or may not start to do at some point).

have you checked our library of rabbit-savvy vets to see if you can find one in your area? try these two threads to make sure you haven't overlooked a rabbit-savvy vet in your area - would be good to know if there is one in case he gets sick at some point in his life!
http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=47393&forum_id=9
http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=36134&forum_id=9

5 months old is a "teenager" - not a baby any more, but not quite an adult yet. it's entirely possible that his litter box habits would improve slightly with age even if you aren't able to get him fixed.

One of those clinics are in my city. I will check it out to ask. Thank you!!! <3

Also, to those asking for a picture... This is the best one I can manage so far. ; 3 ;

481396_4968256773691_1145977206_n.jpg

sweet! glad to hear you've got a rabbit-savvy vet in your area after all... hopefully you'll never need one (unless you decide to neuter, of course), but it's always comforting to know that one's available just in case.

very cute bunny :D

Latest posts

Back