OMG!! I want one!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angoragrl

Reaction score
I know I haven't been around much lately. . . . work has been crazy but the boys are doing great.

I was looking at craigslist (bad Melissa!) and I saw an ad for some baby bunnies that said they will be 15-20 pounds.

buns.jpg

Those are the parents. . . . They are adorable. I love the calico pattern. Any idea what breed they might be?

I REALLY want a big bunny but I don't think that now is the perfect time. Matt and I are looking into buying a new house and assuming everything works out we should be moving in June or July so I should probably wait until after the move when I can situate everything out.

There are pictures of the babies on there too though and they are ADORABLE! The babies are only six weeks old though, should they even be seperated from their mom yet?

If those are the parents, then I doubt the babies would be 15 - 20 pounds. The parents aren't Flemish and don't look part Flemish.

I would say the parents look around 10lbs, max, and look to be Rex mixes :).

That's sort of what I was thinking. Those look like big bunnies but not 15 pound bunnies. The owner claims they weigh 16 pounds though.

Does the calico pattern only show up in rexes? I have only ever seen it on a rex before. . .

I think the guy on the left, if you look at the fur on his spine, it looks like longer fur. I don't know much about the breed, but is it Rhinelanders that have that marking?

Could be a mishmash of course with some rex, etc. And I do believe you can get that marking in rexes, but I might be lying.

Flashy wrote:
And I do believe you can get that marking in rexes, but I might be lying.

Yes, you can :p. I am not sure what it is called...Tri color, maybe? I have seen rexes like that before and always refered to them as "Chocolate Peanut butter bunnies with whipped cream on top", lol!

the parents look like standard rex, at least the one on the right. i don't think they can get to be that big, but maybe they're rex/big breed, like cali or flemmi.

Very cute. I think you should get one and by the time you get your house it will be litter trained and well behaved.:p

Susan:biggrin2:

The one on the right is definatly Rex, the one on the left is either Rex with a poor coat or Rex mix. The color is called dalmatian in Rex, I believe. I agree with undergunfire and tonyshuman, I doubt that they are any 15-16 pounds. Very pretty anyway, though. That has always been oneof my fav color varities. :biggrin2:

Ya wanna big bunny????

GO FLEM!!!

They're big,

They're funny

They're the perfect Easter bunny!

In all seriousness, have you ever seen pictures of Flemish Giants?

Maukin wrote:
Ya wanna big bunny????

GO FLEM!!!

They're big,

They're funny

Oh yeah, a flemmy is what I REALLY want. I am having trouble convincing Matt to get excited about a bunny that would outweigh our cats though, lol!

Just tell your men what I told Danny...

Yes, they're huge...but they're like havin' around a big ol' lazy doggy.

Really, too....Teeny, even at this age, is noticably calmer than our other buns. And his muzzle is so...well...doggish. I call him my puppybun. :D

Lmbo Rosie... He would look at me and say "But it's a rabbit! A rabbit shouldn't be as big as a dog!" Lmbo :pActually he is the one who said I should get 2 and not 1 :pBut I think in the back of his mind he'd be going "I have a gigantic bunny in my house - please make it be a niiiice bunny" :p

Where's ya been Rosie? You haven't been on as much as usual... :ponder:Lol, it's ok, no need to tell :p

LOL...about hoping it'd be a NICE bunny...that's funny...

Oh, I've been flat on my back with a really bad flu the past week, so I haven't been able to get my mind clear enough to come online much at all. Even now, I have to be sure I don't do too much...

But it's nice to be back. :)

The tri color markings are known in many breeds, so it does make it a little hard to narrow down what breed they actually are.

The one on the left does resemble a Rhinelander and the one on the right does resemble a Rex.

Hard to tell what someone might mix together, but I wouldn't put it past anyone to cross Rex x Flemish to get the harlequin gene to produce Flemish Tri colors. That doe sure has a lot of length to her body. Perhaps she really is 16 lbs.??????????

Pam

Now I wanna go dress up in ren garb and go cryin this throught the land...

Like in a Knights Tale...

Lichtenstein.... Lichtenstein.....He's tall, He's P**sed, He will see you on the lists!!

Maukin wrote:
Ya wanna big bunny????

GO FLEM!!!

They're big,

They're funny

GoinBackToCali wrote:
Now I wanna go dress up in ren garb and go cryin this throught the land...

Like in a Knights Tale...

Lichtenstein.... Lichtenstein.....He's tall, He's P**sed, He will see you on the lists!!

Maukin wrote:
Ya wanna big bunny????

GO FLEM!!!

They're big,

They're funny

If ya wanna start a habbit

Go and get a giant rabbit

And ya oughta be in the loop

That Giant Rabbits make enormous poop!

But you won't mind 'cause they'll enchant you,

And you'll then wonder why can't you

Get another and before you know it,

You'll wanna breed it and then show it,

Off to all who will gap at all of that

And utter, "Man, that is one gol dang big rat!!"

Latest posts

Back