Omg Benji digged through the partition in the run and started chasing Pippin!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcottonl02

Reaction score
Omg I looked outside when Benji and Pippin were in their partitioned run and I saw Benji's head poking through into Pippin's side!!!!!!! I was like 'what the hell!!!' and so ran outside and saw Benji had dug a hole through and was trying to get under. (this part was slightly raised above the ground- not deliberately, but that was the only way the run could be constructed. It was only a few centimeters off. I might block it.

He was sort of struggling and looked as though he was stuck, so i broke into a cold sweat thinking he could be hurt, panicked and opened the partition slowly and gently to see if I could ease him out. Pippin darted through into Benji's side, and they sat there for a second. Then Benji started chasing Pippin, but it was more kind of aggressively nudging Pippin on the bottom. Of course I didn't stand around to watch and grabbed Benji from behind and picked him up. Benji hates being picked up from behind and so consequently I am covered in bleeding scratches. Pippin was fine. I am not sure whether Benji was even trying to bite- just aggressively pushing.

But it lead me to think- why do I see them licking one another through the bars, cuddling up as close as possible and just sitting nose to nose as if they love one another, and then one gets to the other one and Benji gets angry and starts to be aggressive..............how can they change their mood so easily???
Please help, and tell me why they are changing. When the partition in there they love each other and try to get through to lick each other. When they are able to get through Benji attacks. Why??
Also I am realy worried that this bad meeting will affect their bonding....even though it was accidental it doesn't change the fact that this could have seriously affected how they bond. Help!! How do I fix it if this is the case?

Thankyou.

it sounds like Benji is just trying to show he is dominent over pippin. The bossy one always trie to hump the other one to show he is the boss. not being nasty just establishing a pecking order

Back