Oliver getting the Snip tomorrow

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoneyPot

Reaction score
I called the vet today - and asked when their earliest availability is - and it's tomorrow. So my little guy is going in for the snippage tomorrow.

It's all good - get it over with quickly. He's been peeing on me on a daily basis, brings back memories of 2 torturous months of Charlie spraying pee before I could get him fixed.

So, wish us luck.

Nadia

Good luck!

How much is it going to cost you?

I think Charlie's cost me about $150... so about the same I think. That's about the standard rate around here it seems...

Nadia

Good Luck Oliver! :clover: We'll be thinking of you :hug:

-Haley, Basil:rabbithop, Max:dutch, Tumnus:bunny19, Lucy :brown-bunny& foster buns :brownbunny:brownbunny:brownbunny

Haley wrote:
HoneyPot wrote:
I think Charlie's cost me about $150... so about the same I think. That's about the standard rate around here it seems...
Woah! my vet charges 75.00. :shock:

Hey Haley want to Wyatt to visit and you snip him there?

Connor's neuter cost $123 not counting pre-visit. Which was $54.

Yeah it's a bit high- I called a couple places and they were all the same cost. My vet includes a checkup in the costs though, which is usually $75...

Nadia, extend some extra TLC to Oliver from our neutered gang.

Friend in Milwaukee had a dutch who sprayed like an open hydrant. Eventually sailed through his cryptorchid neuter (at age 9 or 10?, gulp) by the same vet that Cara's Sherry sees. Hallelujah. No more drenchings!

Kisses and mint sprigs to you Oliver.

Raph is smiling on your new avatar, {{bassetluv}}. Thinking of Oliver and Nadia too...

Just heard from the vet - the little dude is doing fine. They keep him overnight to administer the pain meds. I asked about taking him home, but I'll just leave him for the night and let him rest. He's pretty excitable at home.

So all is good. YAY.

I always feel so guilty when they ask if you want to do the extra blood work for $75 and I say no... and then they make me sign a paper stating that I have refused the recommended blood work.

:shock:

But all is good.

HoneyPot wrote:
I always feel so guilty when they ask if you want to do the extra blood work for $75 and I say no... and then they make me sign a paper stating that I have refused the recommended blood work.

:shock:

But all is good.

I don't know. My Vet - who is pretty well respected in many small animal / exotics forums told me that they really were not really needed, are notvery revealing for rabbits, and they would be 2 days return from Guelph* - perhaps that is why the Vet was against it?. However I still have to sign the same papers. I figure it's just a world full of lawyers:p

I'm looking forward to the new Oliver. From what you have posted, after the snip, he should be one awesome bun.:cool:

*A gold star to any non-canuck who correctly pronounces it;)

Back