Olive let me pick her up!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tqhx

Reaction score
SO ive had Olive for quite a while now, and she was pretty well grown and very scared when i got her! She has been happy, binking and running around the house, but trying to pick her up was literally impossible. (id never imagine it but an 8 pound rex is a very strong little creature)

So last night as im petting her she got unusually close to me, and put her head down for a pet. I decided id go for it again and this time she made no fight. I picked her up and put her in my lap!! She only stayed for a few moments, but i was able to pick her up again a few times without a fight. So she still wont stay and hang out on my lap, but she is letting me lift her up!! Yay im really excited.

Any else have a bunny break through like this after having a rabbit for months? Is this the first signs that she will be a super friend? Im kind of curious how long it will be before she stays with me when i pick her up? Probably completely unpredictable but im very pleased. Hope everyone is going well! Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays to all the bunny friends out there =)

(here is my intro thread so you can see my bunny etc if youre wondering)

http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=65644&forum_id=26[url]

She is so beautiful! I have a 3.5 pound mini rex and know how strong he is, I can't imagine someone more than double his size.

Being able to pick up a bun comfortably is such a great breakthrough, congratulations! You must be really earning her trust.

I think as far as sitting on your lap, it depends on the bun. My mini lop will sit and watch movies with me, she just gets down after a couple hours if she has to visit the ladies box. My mini satin will stay about an hour before she starts to get squirmy and wander off.

The boys, total opposites. Mini rex acts like I'm KILLING him if I pick him up and hold him, even makes little squeeky noises. He's only 6 months, so I'm working on it. I just want to get him comfortable enough so medical exams and nail trims are not traumatic. English angora will sit beside me for about half an hour, but doesn't like sitting on laps. I think he over heats really fast.

Congratulations again on this huge breakthrough :)

Thanks for the responses. Yes it was amazing, at this point i imagined id never be able to pick her up, and figured i would be doomed to petting her and for vet visits tricking her into containers! I hope she tunes down and will watch tv with me someday, i know my dog certainly doesnt mind her and he is ALWAYS there!

Latest posts

Back