Older buck w/ lack of appetite

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilangelhotots

Reaction score
I just bought a Jersey Wooly buck on saturday. He was born Feb. 2005, making him almost 3 1/2 years old. Is this old?? He is really thin, you wouldn't think it because of all the wool but those pin bones stick way out and ribs can be easilyfelt too.:(He's not eating as much as I would like but is eating and drinking fine. I just want to fatten him up, I don't care to show him so if he gets over the weight limitit's no big deal. I just want him healthy! What can I give? I'm sure this has been asked many times, please feel free to send me some old threads about this topic. Thank you so much!

Lindsey

Oh dear, poor bun! I'm no expert by any means, but oats would be a good start. Just a few to start to make sure no upset occurs. Then you could add about a teaspoon daily. Not sure if more is okay. You could also up his pellet intake a tad.

Anyone?

Thanks for your reply. I am giving him some whole oats which he loves. Could I give him too much of this? He's not cleaning up 1/4 cup pellets when I feed at 5:00 every day. He is eating some and drinking lots and pooping lots so I don't think he's sick. :?

I would just keep adding a little oats to his ration and not try to get him to gain weight too quickly. This could also cause health problems.

Jersey Woolies have a tendency to be bonier, so it might just be his individual conformation.

As long as he's eating well, pooping and not showing signs of illness, I wouldn't be overly concerned.

Pam

Latest posts

Back