Old Members...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CorkysMom

Reaction score
Anyway, I've been a member of this forum for quite awhile and kinda dropped off the face of the earth for awhile....I've been posting again off and on but thought I'd officially say hi here.

My username was different before...but those of you around beforemay remember my Corky and postings about all I went thru withhim...you can read his full story here:

http://corkyscave.net

http://corkyscave.net/Corky's%20Story.htm

**warning** graphic pictures with the story....

I raise and show holland lops and absolutely adore the breed and I love showing, I can't get enough. I try to do as much bunny education as I can along the way and have done alot w/ new bunny owners.I also have a 4h group of 10-12 kids that is focused on rabbits...so the kids are learning more all the time too!

Good to see some of the familiar faces again. Take care all

*I'm trying to edit this thread to make the link clickable - it's not cooperating!* ~bo

Corky and Lexi are adorable. Poor little guy has been through a lot! I'm so happy he's well now.

Thanks, he's my 2nd child needless to say after all that!

Sorry about the link, looked like it worked from here! :)

ROFL, yes it does. Yes he's still w/ Lexi unless he's traveling w/ me...they do better with some 'time apart' now and then,....she's kinda a ....well a....itch...haahaaaa..

Homer is now living with a set of grandparents and gets lots of extra loves when the grandkids are there!

Hehe, yes it is...that name just so isn't me anymore...so I asked Pipp to change it..this is much more fitting of my life now...I've been thru alot the last couple years, including heart problems (had them before when I was here too, but finally sorta some resolution)..pacemaker put in...throw in a dash of depression..lol. Its all changed me alot...so like I said, this is more fitting.

Good to see you too!

Its nice to see you back and I hope we get to see pictures of Corky regularly too!

I love the babies you're having.

Peg

Thanks, I've come along ways w/ my lines over this last summer.

I have some new bday pics from the weekend I'll try to post here soon!

CorkysMom wrote:
Thanks, he's my 2nd child needless to say after all that!

Sorry about the link, looked like it worked from here! :)

That link is weird. Doesn't want to post to the exact page. *shrugs* Anyhow, it's no problem, I just wanted it to work for you better.

I know what you mean about them being children! I have 2 human ones and several furry ones. Bo is my baby! I can't imagine having to go through what you did with Corky! I would have been a mess just with worry - let alone feeling bad for his pain and whatnot.

Oh I was, I have never cried so much in my life I don't think..lol. I also came home from work 2x a day for extra feedings for quite awhile...told my boss he had 2 options, he comes to work and hangs out in my setup room or I go home to feed...LOL...he didn't care if he came to work, was just afraid others may get weird about it (HR in particular). I didn't sleep more than about an hour at a time cuz he was next to my bed and everytime he moved I'd wake up....plus the feedings thru the nite...I didn't sleep for about 2 solid weeks..the support from some folks here (well when it was under the old name) was great and helped...helps to have people that really 'get it' with the bunnies!

I still beat myself up sometimes over all he went thru, cuz I feel I s/ have known....one of those, well sometimes they can keep getting along...but often not....well they were fine...then out of the blue, BOOM....not so much....but I know that he's ok and happy and I can't change the past....he still often gets thanked for being so strong and coming thru all that. His 'all clear of infection' day from the vet is celebrated as a 2nd birthday yearly...(yeah, I'm a freak like that)

I love all my furkids dearly, but he has kinda a special place with me. Truly a heart bunny. :inlove:

As for the link, its cuz of the space its weird, and why it puts the %20% in it, I really need to just put an _ in it and fix it one of these days. :biggrin2:

I'll try andget up some bday pictures from Saturday this evening sometime! As for pics of my others, I did post some baby pics in the January Litters thread in the breeding/showing section!

HI HI HI HI :D :D

:dancingorig::hugsquish:

Now... pictures of my little grumpy Fred please..

:p

Nadia

I do need to redo pics of all the crew....UGGG...what a task THAT will be! :)

I did get a blog up tho....only Corky so far..but its a start! (he's the only adult I have real recent pics of right now)

My goodness! I just read Corky's story and cried. He looks so much like my baby Loki! I couldn't bear to see pictures of him so sick.:( I'm glad he's all better. :biggrin2:

t.

Heh, sorry...I hear that alot, that it makes people cry...and thats good and bad...if that story even helps ONE person not give up in their sick bunny but instead to do everything they can for it and not give up....then its worth it.

Trust me...reliving that to write it was HORRIBLE..it took me days to get it all down on paper.

Latest posts

Back