Okay I'm stopping now.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Becca

Reaction score
:baghead

Okay.. well I've been biting my nails since I was like 6.. maybe younger.. I've tried to stop too many times.. but last time I was doing really well then I was stressing over getting MJ tickets and bam nails were gone again.. then he died and yano aaah nails completley gone worse than before.

I am detirmined to stop.. but its not that easy! Its a habit so its got a pattern in my brain thats going to be really hard to stop! Because my nails are just hideous.. seriously everyone always comments on them and no one has ever seen nails as short as mine.. tbh I don't really think you can call them nails.. :blushan:

I made this thread because I might need reminding lol so a :stikpokeevery now and again won't do me any harm :headsmack God I'm struggling all ready and its been what.. 5 mins?

Good lord!

I used to have to sit on my hands to remind myself not to. Now I'm pretty good about it unless I have a nail with a rough edge and no clippers or a file. My teeth have to take care of it!
Good luck! It's possible!! I did it!

I know how you feel. I use to bite my skin around the nails. And bite my nails, more the skin though. It will be hard to quitbut youCAN do it!! :)

Thanks guys! The thing is Kat I get used to the taste of horrible things.. I put that disgusting tasting STOP NAIL BITING nail varnish on my nails and I got used to it!!

But fingers crossed!!

x

Becca wrote:
Thanks guys! The thing is Kat I get used to the taste of horrible things.. I put that disgusting tasting STOP NAIL BITING nail varnish on my nails and I got used to it!!

But fingers crossed!!

x
Maybe you should use it again. Have you thought about putting fake nails on? You couldn't bite your nails then. LOl. :)

SweetSassy wrote:
Becca wrote:

But fingers crossed!!

x
Maybe you should use it again. Have you thought about putting fake nails on? You couldn't bite your nails then. LOl. :)
Yeaah but wouldn't they ruin my nails even more :?

becca .#>:rainbow:

It will help yournails grow out. You could get them til you stop biting your nails. I don't think it would ruin your nails that are growing out.

IDK? Hope someone else can answer. I don't wear them. Sorry. I was thinking if you had something on your nails, you can't bite them.LOl. :)

I know in the States, it's not expensive in Ohio. I don't know what the cost would be over there.

I use to wash my hands everytime I put my fingers in my mouth. After a while I got tired of washing my hands. It helped me. Sounds silly, but you do what you have too. LOl. :)

Haha I got used to the taste of the Stop Nail Biting stuff aswell! Thankfully, I don't bite my nails too much so they are not chipped and I don't bite the skin around them, my friend does though.

If you are prone to fiddling around with you nails fake nails may not be such a great idea. I think they feel really tight on your nails and youd be even more inclined to go at them. Half broken off fake nails with glue still stuck onto your natural nail look hideous. I tried them a few times and they didn't even last me through the night:(
Bitter apple sparay might be an idea especially if you have it around for the bunnies:)

I found that just keeping my nails trimmed short keeps me from biting them. When they start to grow out and get kind of uneven or weak in certain parts, I start to nibble. I'm most prone to biting if I break a nail and I'm away from my nail clippers, so I try to keep clippers in my bookbag.

i am not a nail bitter, but i rip my cuticles off, the only time i stop pulling the cuticles off is when i have fake nails on,lol.
I dont have a suggestion but good luck with it. I know there use to be a nail polish that you would put on that would taste horrible if you chewed on your nails, dont know what it is called or if it is still even out but worth a try

I used to chew my nails really badly. I tried all the different things to stop(bad tasting stuff etc) At the time nothing helped. I eventually just went "cold turkey" and stopped. I made sure my nails were trimmed short so I was less tempted to chew. Then I made sure I didn't do it. Sometimes I would be chewing and not even realize it. Just stop yourself each time you find yourself doing it, and don't let your self knowingly start doing it. It takes a lot of will power but it is possible.

I haven't chewed my nails in a long time now but I still get the urge. I just make sure I keep my nails short and keep nail clippers handy.

You might also need to find a replacement for the nail chewing. Chew gum, or do something else when you get the urge to chew.

NorthernAutumn wrote:
Fake nails are a really good idea.
Another thing you could do(which is less attractive;), but cheap ) is wrap black electrical tape around each finger. Can't chew through that!
That would just make me do it even more, I started wearing wrist bands because i sued to pick at my wrists till they bled. I ended up wearing holes through them lol.

I'm still in the process of giving up! When I got my engagement ring back in February, I vowed to stop and keep my nails looking nice because the beautiful ring looked so out of place on my horrible chewed fingers. Just the other week I caved when a nail split and chewed it down, and I'm willing it to grow back in time for next week now!

I found the answer for me is to paint them. I have become addicted to nail varnish and change the colour every 2-3 days or so. Looking down at nicely painted colourful nails somehow stops me from wanting to bite them. Probably not that good for my nails in the long run, but at least they look nicer!

Another thing that helped was telling people that I was trying to stop, because then when anyone saw me do it without even realising they'd point it out to me!

:)

Good luck! I'm sure you can do it if you make a concious effort. Just make sure you keep at it.
I chew on my nails and fingers but don't actually bite down, so the nails are still long. I used to bite them, but I stopped because if they got too short it hurt.

Back