OK WHATS A GOOD PELLET FOOD?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blondiesmommie

Reaction score
Ok ive been buying my rabbits pellets in bulk from the feed store, im not so sure about this food anymore, so what IS a good or descent pellet food? Where can i purchase it, with out paying something outragous Thanks!!!!

Tippy eats Oxbow. Petsmart has it. Weirdly enough, petco doesn't. It's not super cheap in price, but a bag of it lasts quite a while. A five pound bag lasts Qtip about four months, easily.

For that, it's worth the $15 or whatever I pay for it.

I can't speak for any other types of rabbit food because that's the only one my bunnies have ever eaten, yet they all love it.

I switched from Oxbow to Kaytee because it was a little cheaper. It's only failing is a bit too little fiber, but Homey is a good eater of hay, so I didn't think this was a problem. I would not give her Sherwood Forest because of it;s relatively high calcium content, It would be fine for a long-haired rabbit or a lactating one or one you knew could handle the extra calcium without sludge issues.

Kaytee Forti-Diet Pro Health Rabbit Food:
Calcium (min.)...0.6%
Calcium (max.)...1.1%

sherwood forest:
Calcium, minimum (maximum)……………………………………..…0.7% (1.2%)

it's all of .1% difference between the two

I've found also since I switched from Kaytee to Sherwood that Harvey's poops have been much better than when he was on Kaytee. No sludge issues either.

I was buying Oxbow for 12 bucks at Petsmart for only 5lbs. It's ridiculous! So I found this website: http://www.wag.com/smallanimal/p/oxbow-essentials-bunny-basics-adult-rabbit-food-timothy-hay-117334

If you buy 30lbs (It was around $40.00 if you use the new customer coupon) you get free shipping (orders over $49).

I did that and saved soooo much more than if I would have bought it at Petsmart. It's a really good food; the rescue I got my buns at use it. $40 for 30lbs of food is not bad for rabbits.

my two buns eat Oxbow. the young rabbit food(which my two are on) is $14.99 plus shipping for 10lbs. the adult is $16.99 for 10lbs.

my buns get a very small amount of pellets...just 1 heaping tablespoon per bun per day and they do great and the pellets last a long time.

i keep a couple pounds of pellets out in a air tight container to feed the rabbits with and the rest stays in the freezer to stay fresh till the container i feed them from get low then i bring out the bag to fill it again

Back