Ok this morning was hard on the ego

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nermal71

Reaction score
Ok I know some of our members will say 39...oh that's young...well I will be 39 in less than a month. And of course all I have heard from the 4 males in my life (ages 45, 18, 17 and 15) is.....just think.....a year from now you're gonna be looking 40 in the eye.....now age is just a number you are only as old as you feel...yada yada yada. I keep telling myself suck it up and then repeat those two phrases to myself. So far for the most part it has worked (except for those really cold days when the fibromyalgia is flaring and I cannot get my backside off the bed on my own). Well this morning I went in to do my hair to go out with my sons and found 3...count them THREE!!!!!! gray hairs that were new. Ok I can deal with the gray hairs...that's what hair dye is for right? So off to wal-mart because I'm gonna at least look at hair dye. I'm trying to read the boxes and my sons all start to snicker. Now the past 3 months they have been telling me I need reading glasses (eye doc said same thing). I said I do NOT!!!! I need longer arms is all. So I went over to the non-prescription reading glasses (which is what doc recommended for now) and son of a bug eyed buzzard they were all correct. So now I'm sitting here feeling sorry for myself. Believe me I know it could be so much more worse and I'm really pitiful but I had to rant. Plus I'm sure it will give many of you a good old belly laugh.

:ponder: there is nothing wrong with my eyesight, books seem to have a smaller print then they used to. i do not have grey hairs but am blessed with natural hi-lites. all the aches and pains are the result of having children. according to my birth certificate im 43 so why do saga (insurance services etc for oldies) keep sending me offers:? i also blame my 52 year old husband for not being able to say 'you are as young as the man you feel' ahem:biggrin2:

LOL!
It could be worse- I've had to wear glasses since grade school, and started getting grey hairs around 25!

I was in bifocals at the age of 16 years old...then at the age of 23 I had to go through radiation treatment and for some reason my vision corrected itself completely. So I do consider myself lucky that for almost 16 years I've had 20/20 vision. I just had to give all of our 40 and over members a good laugh...cause while I was feeling sorry for myself I'm laughing at myself too :)

I'm with ya! One of my boys wanted to know why I have "all those funny lines around my eyes"! When bothmy boysstart teasing me about my grays, I remind them that I didn't have any until I had them, so it's all their fault!:biggrin2:

Also, when I had my 39th birthday, I decided it was my last one. From now on, I'm just having the anniversay of my 39th birthday - that way the number doesn't seem so big! My dad always says that he may be old, but at least he made it!!

It really does help to laugh about - that's how I got all those funny lines!

this is my opinion

gray hair is not natural it comes by having kids...I started getting gray hair after the birth of my first daughter...I was 19..lol

My oldest son tries to straighten my wrinkles around my eyebrows out... I told him don't try - it is a genetic condition called "the Gallagher furrow" in my house - my grandma and mom and sister and I all have it... grey hair I can fix with a bottle of dye... aching joints I try to ignore or have had surgery to fix... just explain why crochet hooks do not have a warning on them (LOL) - I blew two elbows out crocheting hats for everyone here - to the point I needed surgery on both to fix them. I said it was "extreme crocheting" so it at least sounded plausible...

Denise

My gray hair popped out when I was 15. I've kept Clairol and Loreal in business all these years! Also I thought I needed a stronger prescription when I was about 33. Surprisingly my vision actually improved. The dr. said after 30, your vision can become worse or improve. I'm 42 yet Idon't feel any older than when I was 25.Still a spring chick here!

I'm reading a book called healthy at 100 that talks about different cultures who regularly live to be over 100 and are in vibrant health til the very end.

It's really interesting because it compares these different cultures with our own.
In our culture we are bombarded with messages that tell us it's bad to be old and encourage people to strive to hold onto their youth.
In these other cultures the elders are greatly respected and seen as wise and important to society.

It really changed my perspective on aging.
There's nothing wrong with gray hairs and bad eye sight :)
It's just a part of our journey here.

slavetoabunny wrote:
You mean you can actually still count your grey hairs??
ROFL not usually but for some reason that morning as I was brushing my teeth, washing my face, etc I just happened to notice these new ones....they were VERY prominent. And its almost like they went gray overnight. So it was kind of an "in your face" type deal. Of course now I'm laughing at it :)

Latest posts

Back