ok..maybe im alittle paranoid.. maybe not

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

babbitlover

Reaction score
My doe who had 4 kits, LOOKS, but im not sure, ijust might be alittle paranoid, like her nose is wet, i mean like rightunder her nose. Butim not sure, how do i check, is itsomething to worry about

it made me paranoid when dwarf angels babies andmom had to be all put to sleep, im like petrified now, i hope itsnothing, i love cammie, and her kits alot, i named them, my sisterdoesnt like the names, so she has a completly different set of names,but ill call them what i want hehe
How many times a day can i hold the babys if its in short intervals, like 30 second-1 minute each baby

Brown one is TouciTouci- or until i change it again lol

Gray one (small one) is Shawtie (lol)

the gray (bigger one) is Monomana (like the commercial)

marbled muti color- Cuddle Bee

aww, mine didnt start developing fur til 5 days.And now they are just soo fluffy and gorgeous. I'm not sure about thepicking up thing - at that age i didnt tend to pick them up toomuchas i wasnt sure either. Leanne :)

they are amazing little kritters, there going todrive cameron nuts, i bring her out daily for alittle break, but shes agood mom, she does step on her kits sometimes, and im afraid shes goingto smush, or hurt them

babbitlover wrote:
i dont see anything under her nose, it just looks wet
A little wet is normal. The kits and doe I had put down were fullblowen.The discharge could be seen on the kits and mom verydistinct. Your doe will most likely be fine. :D

As for holding the kits. I check on the kits twice a day, just enoughto pick them up and put 'em down. A look to see if they have been fed.I do this till they have their eyes open and then old them longer andlonger each day on. I don't hold the kits longer then 2 mintues intillthey are outta the box and running around. Thats when the kits all getout to the cage and play together in an pet playpen I have. Everyonehandles their animals different, and this is just how I do it. ;)

ok, it freaked me out, just wanted to make sure,is that all i should look at in the kits is a round tummy, its so hardwhen they keep squirming lol. yea, i dont hold them hold them, justcheck them, and put them back. on one of the gray babies there is a cutabout --- long on the top of its head. momma always steps on the nestand on the babies. the top part of the nest is uncovered, could it beshe may have scratched it while she stepped on it, she licks the babiesalot. we just noticed it, and its scabbing over and looks like itshealing

It could be allergies. Have you introducedanything new to them the last couple days? I noticed one of my does hasa slightly wet nose and was sneezing. Yesterday I got some new hay-same kind, but from a different farm. She must have been allergicbecause I took it out and she stopped.

~Nichole

the only thing added to her cage are her youngen, and some toilet paper (she likes to play with it)

Back