OK, I have to ask, what are these MANA's and why do I have two and a half of them?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Carolyn wrote:

We definitely don't use it and it doesn't work properlyanyway. At one time, it was supposed to be used as to who youthought gave good information on the forum. Becauseit is unreliable and unnecessary, we stopped using itcompletely. If you'll notice,somenewmembers have 3 full blocks filled out out andhaveonlyposted 3 times. Tomorrow, it may jump back toher having none.

The webmaster doesn't understand why it functions so sporadically andcan't seem to come up with a reason to fix it, so we all ignoreit.

It's not appropriate, reliable, or important. Pay no mind toit. It was originally given by clicking on the mana box insomeone's post, but as I said, it doesn't record properly. Itreally means nothing to us.

Rainbows! :)

MANA is just a name that this forum software came up with.

This is how they described it:

What is Mana?

WowBB uses an advanced iterative algorithm to determine the mostrespected users. A user "adds mana" to other users she respects, andthe more mana she has, the more the increase in recipients' manas. Auser can also change her mind, and remove mana from someone to whom sheadded mana before. However, the more members a member adds mana to, theless the effect of those mana additions.

For example, let's assume that your mana is 3 out of 4. If you want toadd mana to someone then you basically add him/her 3 points divided bythe number of members to whom you added mana before. If you added manato one member before, the amount of mana you would add is 3/(1+1)=1.5points. This is a dynamic process. Whenever someone adds or removesmana, the manas of all members are calculated from scratch.

Finally, mana takes the normal distribution rule into account, and it gets increasingly accurate as you get more members.

People on this forum don't really care for it because we value everybody here.

Rainbows! :)

Latest posts

Back